Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Poolmath and Borax Box Size

1. Back To Top    #1

Poolmath and Borax Box Size

It's been quite a while (couple of years?) since the size of the 20 Mule Team borax boxes changed from 76 ounces to 65 ounces yet Poolmath has not been revised accordingly. When holding your mouse cursor over the weight of the borax, Poolmath still reports how many 76 ounce boxes are needed. This may confuse new users and should be corrected. If 76 ounce boxes are still available in some markets then maybe a pulldown menu with the box sizes (similar to the chlorine jug size) would be helpful.
    Free-form concrete walls with vinyl liner, 18,000 gallon capacity, Jandy 1.5HP e-Pump, Jandy DEV48 DE filter (using cellulose media), Jandy AE2500 heat pump, Jandy Aqualink Power Center with 14-blade cell kit and Jandy PDA-P8 wireless control system.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Poolmath and Borax Box Size

Thank you SO much for bringing this up! I HATE when they sell a smaller amount for the same amount of money! I would MUCH rather it cost a little more!

I will get with our IT guy!
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Just used Poolmath and noticed that it still shows 76 ounce box size for 20 Mule Team Borax. In my area, that size box hasn't been around for the last couple of years. I'm assuming that the change to 65 ounce boxes is country-wide. Can Poolmath be changed to reflect the new 65 ounce box size?
    Free-form concrete walls with vinyl liner, 18,000 gallon capacity, Jandy 1.5HP e-Pump, Jandy DEV48 DE filter (using cellulose media), Jandy AE2500 heat pump, Jandy Aqualink Power Center with 14-blade cell kit and Jandy PDA-P8 wireless control system.

4. Back To Top    #4

It has been fixed the app as seen here: Pool Math

The web site one was to upgraded but guess it did not happen. They will look at it again when the busy season is over.
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit