Water coming out of air intake vent for spill over spa.

maj24

Jun 6, 2015
Ottawa
Hi,

I have an inground Leisure Ulitmate fiberglass pool which is 35 X 15.5.

I just had my pool opened. After they left I tested the spa and noticed that water started spewing out the air intake. I believe the spa jets are Hayward Jet air. I am guessing they put the nozzle in incorrectly. Is that even possible? I think they are Vari-Flo Ball Jet/Nozzle. When in spa mode I can feel water coming out of each jet. After a few seconds, it starts coming out of the intake (~35 ft away). I am guessing there is too much resistance out of the jets forcing the water up the air intake.

Everything was functional prior to closing, so is it possible that they put the jets back in wrong? Or am I dealing with something more serious?

Thanks,
Andrew

I did some more troubleshooting on the spa. I lowered the level below the jets and then turned the jets on. There isn't much water flow coming out of them when I compare it last year. When the water is below the jets with the water on, last year the water would shoot across the entire tub, Now it barely makes it past the seat.

I am guessing these jets were re-installed incorrectly creating enough resistance forcing some water up the air intake instead of out the jets.

Unfortunately I don't have the tools to take the jets out. I am waiting to hear back from the company that opened for me.

I had that happened last year and the cause was one of my jets was clogged with a maple tree helicopter seed. Had to pull all of the jets out and clean them out. I tried using a jet-vac blowing throw the air intakes but that didn't work. Might give that a try in your case.

I have a feeling that the issue is when they closed/open the pool they didn't put the o-ring or seal ring back in properly. I ordered the hayward tool from amazon so that I can inspect this myself.

If they took out the seal from the jet air body assembly, I am guessing I would see water getting into the air intake line?

I have a feeling that the issue is when they closed/open the pool they didn't put the o-ring or seal ring back in properly. I ordered the hayward tool from amazon so that I can inspect this myself.

If they took out the seal from the jet air body assembly, I am guessing I would see water getting into the air intake line?

I am having same issue did you every fix it

I am having same issue did you every fix it
I was having the same issue after I recently had my pool resurfaced and new eyeballs install on my 3 spa jets ( I’m not really sure what was there prior) but I removed the eyeballs as they were blocking the air/water mixture and now they are working great . No more water is flowing out of the air intake tube.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.