Any opinions on the Jacuzzi J-VSP250 variable speed pool pump

May 4, 2017
Ca
[FONT=&quot]Has anyone purchased a Jacuzzi J-VSP250 variable speed pool pump from Leslie's pools? [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Normally I would go for a Hayward or Pentair pump but both have lots of negative reviews citing early failure. Leslie's offers a five year parts and labor warranty on the Jacuzzi model pump but I can't find any reviews for it on the internet.

Any feedback appreciated.[/FONT]

Hello Eric and welcome to TFP! :wave: Your post has been sitting for a few days, and while we try not to disturb new posts in hopes to see a constructive reply, I didn't want you to think we didn't see you. So I wanted to welcome you to our forum and at the same time give your very first post a little :bump: in hopes that someone might notice it. Feel free to reply to this thread anytime you like to help keep it visible.

Very nice to have you with us.

Eric, I jut purchased one a few weeks ago, but have not installed the pump yet.. I have some questions on how to wire the pump. There are two conductors inside the J-Box and they do not look like something I would connect 220V power to. The manual says pumps must be supplied by an isolation transformer... I'm not sure if the transformer is built into the pump or not, so I called Leslie's to ask them and am waiting on the return call as I type.

I am new to the group and will post my question about wiring the pump if I do not get a good answer from Leslie's.

I am a master electrician. 220v 20 amp wire is 12 ga. 120v 20 amp wiring is 12g. You are looking at stranded wire I assume. In 45 years I have never seen or heard of a pool pump being wired to an isolation transformer. I am also shopping for a new pump and have two prices and there has been no mention of an isolation transformer. The only isolation transformer involved with the pool is to the pool light. The Jacuzzi pumps have been out only a couple of years and there are no reviews to be had. I'm gonna bet on Leslie's pool world being around for another 5 years and go with the 5-year guaranty.

Just had my pump installed today. From an electric standpoint, i'm in love with the volume of the wire j-box. Largest I have ever seen. the size of the pump wires is just fine for the load at 220 volts. I cannot hear the pump run standing next to it when on low-speed. I am very impressed. The motor is a permanent magnetic type DC motor. 5-year guaranty form Leslie. I did see the requirement of an isolation transformer or an RCD with operating rating of 30mA, ???? Being a master electrician I emailed Leslie to ask what the that was all about. I got a phone call 30 min later. The technician explained that an RCD is a "Residential current device" That's Australian for a circuit breaker. The isolation transformer is not required by the NEC in America. The 30mA requirement is supposed to read 30 Amp rating. The pump only requires a 20 amp circuit in the US using the NEC. 30 amp is too large for the wires supplied in the j-box. Hope this helps. The Aussie's only bought the Jacuzzi name to get their pump out in the market. The 5-year Leslie warranty got my attention. then you can add a 1-year MasterCard extension.

Its been a year or so since this post and still not having luck finding reviews. Leslies now is offering 5 year and install for $869, that with a $200 so cal edison rebate makes this a seemingly unbeatable option to me,. So i think im getting one next week and see how many i can go through in 5 years.

Its been a year or so since this post and still not having luck finding reviews. Leslies now is offering 5 year and install for $869, that with a $200 so cal edison rebate makes this a seemingly unbeatable option to me,. So i think im getting one next week and see how many i can go through in 5 years.

coachgkj welcome to TFP:wave: Can you post pics of your install and also put your equipment and pool specs in the sig bar? There are not very many members here who have Jacuzzi variable speed pumps so you will become a valuable resource. Perhaps you can start a new thread. Hope to see you on the forum:cheers:

coachgkj welcome to TFP:wave: Can you post pics of your install and also put your equipment and pool specs in the sig bar? There are not very many members here who have Jacuzzi variable speed pumps so you will become a valuable resource. Perhaps you can start a new thread. Hope to see you on the forum:cheers:

Jacuzzi fades in & out of the pool equipment business. This year they are back & essentially Leslie’s house brand.

I would avoid this line if equipment.
It is a very fluid product line, pun fully intended.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.