Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bestway Above Ground Costco Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Bestway Above Ground Costco Pool

I just bought a Bestway Costco above ground pool. It is the 18 x 12 foot pool with solar water heater and surface skimmer. Any go to posts I should read about cool add ons? I was considering adding a sprinkler...

Also, The pump will be 60 feet from the closest outside GCFI outlet. I have read people using extension cords but the instructions say not to? I talked with a couple electrical contractors already to give estimates on installing an outlet closer... but I wanted some feedback from the pool guys and gals here!

Thanks in advance!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bestway Above Ground Costco Pool

Yea, it comes with a 3 foot cord. And you can't use an extension cord. Because its a permanent pool (or I should say the electrical code thinks its a permanent pool), you have to have a GFCI outlet within 20 feet of it (but no closer than 6) anyway.

If you dug the trench and roughed in the conduit I suspect the electrical bids would go way down.

60 feet of electrical cord across your back yard all summer is not something you want anyway.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall