Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Check Valve Window Leak

1. Back To Top    #1

Check Valve Window Leak

I'm getting a suction side leak on the window of the check valve before it hits the pump ( I can see the air bubbles) . When I went to unscrew and examine the situation I noticed 3 of the screws don't screw firmly anymore. I tried the toothpick trick which usually works for me on wood projects , but it didn't . Anyone have an idea ? Can I re-tap it ? Or do I need to replace the check valve entirely ?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Check Valve Window Leak

Use some CA (Cyanoacrylate) in the screw hole, just enough to cover the surface, dont fill the hole with CA.
    Wait 5 minutes and screw in again.

Felipe
    7,500 gal Rectangular, Easytouch 8, Air+water temp sensors, Screenlogic2, IC40, intellibright5g color12v, Intelli pH, SD 70 filter w/Zeolit, Magicstream Laminars, waterfall. Raised Monolithic concrete lined with glass beads.

In Sunny Monterrey,Mx!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the reply !!!

Crazy glue ? Wont that make it so I can't screw into the hole ? Trying to picture what you are suggesting, just enough to cover the surface, dont fill the hole with CA. . If I cover the surface of the screw hole, is that not filling the hole ?

4. Back To Top    #4

Imagine it as being locktite

7,500 gal Rectangular, Easytouch 8, Air+water temp sensors, Screenlogic2, IC40, intellibright5g color12v, Intelli pH, SD 70 filter w/Zeolit, Magicstream Laminars, waterfall. Raised Monolithic concrete lined with glass beads.

In Sunny Monterrey,Mx!