pressure issue

Hi All,
I have an issue that I am trying to find a resolutions for. My plumbing is setup as this:
Hayward 2hp Superpump > Hayward DE filter EC65 > Hayward heat controller 3 way valve goes up to 2 sets of 4' X 20' solar panels 18' above ground on garage roof and returns to Frogger chlorinator then a splitter to 2 pool returns and 1 shear decent water feature. All plumbing is 1 1/2". If I run the solar heater with the returns there is not enough pressure to make the share decent flow. I need to reduce the pressure coming from the returns and it will flow correctly. I originally has a 1 1/2" HP Super pump and bumped it to a 2hp and same issue. The pool is a 15 X 30 semi in ground

I am now adding in a Electric heat pump and I am not sure if I should add a booster pump when the solar heat is requested? Also should the heat pump be installed just after the filter before the heat controller valve?

Thanks
Joe.

Welcome to the forum:wave:

So you need the solar heat and with that comes the flow into the returns. You do not really want to decrease that flow for the purpose of running an aesthetic feature.

Is your plumbing such that you could use a seperate pump for the shear?

Hi Dave,
I have tried to add a separate pump for the shear, but I tried a 3/4Hp filter pump was sucking in the water too fast and the pump started to suck in air. I believe the term is cavitation. Should I add a "Booster pump" for the Shear and not for the solar?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.