Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Trying to pick the right AGP

1. Back To Top    #1

Trying to pick the right AGP

We hope to have a 18x33 or so and 54" tall above ground pool installed. From what I've read choices are steel, aluminum, resin, or some hybrid of those. Does the board have any suggestions on which is best, or better yet specific brands models. There seem to be so many different models for essentially the same product that it is a bit overwhelming. We're outside philadelphia and hope to keep the pool for ~20 years if that helps.

Tahoe Resin $4000 (full package)

Then there are all these from the pool factory

I know many of these different brands are really the same company, but is there any difference in brands or one that stands out.

Also, my neighbor recently lost her pool in a storm and asked if we wanted to buy her filter and pump, so that could be savings too.

Any suggestions for what to look for?
    Aquaterra Verona 290 Gallon Spa, with Ozonator. Bromine

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Trying to pick the right AGP

We went with a Doughboy, and love it...Ours is 16 x 24
    24x16 doughboy Summerville..22" Waterway "sand" 1.5 HP 2sp motor..Misty Falls liner, and wedding cake stairs..

3. Back To Top    #3

We are in the process of choosing a Doughboy 28' x 16' x 54". Desert Spring, resin.
    AGP
    16' x 32' x 54" Chesapeake
    Hayward S230T 23" Sand Filter System 1.5-HP 2-Speed Matrix Pump
    Raypak 206,000 btu ng Heater

4. Back To Top    #4

Just had a sharkline extruder 15x30 installed. Buried 26" or 27". Slotted aluminum walls
    15'x30'x54" semi inground sharkline extruder 5000, 12,000ish gallons, Hayward EC65A DE filter, auto pilot digital nano+ PPM2/PPC2 manifold SWCG, Aquacal T115 heat pump, 1.5hp pump, hard plumbing, k-2006 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

I installed the Saltwater LX from the pool factory. It was as good quality as any other above ground I've ever been around. The pool came neatly bundled onto one pallet and arrived on time and with no visible damage. Upon inventory of parts I did find some very minor damage.

The pool factory was very responsive to quickly replace the resin top rail that got cracked during shipping. I emailed them on Memorial day Monday morning, and a real person quickly responded, I sent pics as they requested, the replacement parts arrived at my house by 9am the very next morning.
    AGP 24' x 54" approx 14000 gal Full sun all day, Hayward 1.5 HP and EC50 D.E. filter
    Stenner 45MPHP10 10 gal/day fixed rate with intermatic ET1125C timer
    Dolphin E10 robotic cleaner, 330 gallon Tiger River Spa, Taylor K-2006C test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Removed, sorry learning the forum

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kneichko View Post
    Just had a sharkline extruder 15x30 installed. Buried 26" or 27". Slotted aluminum walls
    Did you order yours online? I was looking at this pool.

7. Back To Top    #7

No, bought it from local pool store. Sharkline is manufactured here on Long Island and they have an extruder 5000 made special for brothers 3 pool. At least that's what they told me.
    15'x30'x54" semi inground sharkline extruder 5000, 12,000ish gallons, Hayward EC65A DE filter, auto pilot digital nano+ PPM2/PPC2 manifold SWCG, Aquacal T115 heat pump, 1.5hp pump, hard plumbing, k-2006 test kit

8. Back To Top    #8

One thing to note, Salt water will void the tahoe warranty. Looking at the Saltwater 8000 and the Tahoe, they look like similar pools (steel walls, resin components, etc) but the Tahoe has a longer full warranty 8yrs vs 3 yrs. Although that warranty is pointless if you use saltwater.

9. Back To Top    #9

I just had the saltwater 5000 pool installed. Pretty happy with it. It was from the pool factory. Every single piece is resin. Except the wall.
    Gallons: 5000 Gallons
    Pool: 15' Saltwater 5000
    Filter: Pentair 1 HP Optiflow Pump w/ Clean & Clear 75Sq Ft Cartridge Filter
    SWG: Intex CS8110

10. Back To Top    #10

If you're wanting to keep the pool as long as possible then I would say to look at models that have resin everything, bottom rails, bottom plates, top rail, caps, and bead reciever if using a beaded liner. Also a stainless steel service panel will last longer and won't corrode if you end up with a leak around the skimmer or return. The less there is to corrode, the less likely it will fail prematurely due rusted components.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

11. Back To Top    #11

Look at the Radiant Pools. I have one a love it.
    27' Radiant Metric, 17,100 gallons
    Pentair Dynamo 1.5hp 220v
    Circupool RJ45, Sand Filter, Borates
    Dolphin DX6 Robotic cleaner
    TF 100 Kit

12. Back To Top    #12

Attachment 61643Attachment 61644

Got back from Alaska last night, and this is what I found in bottom of pool..My cya stayed at 50, even though I had 3 pucks almost dissolved from floater, plus I slammed level before I left..My numbers are bleow.

FC=12
    CC=0
    PH=7.6
    ALK=110

Ive got it all cleaned up, now starting slam..
    24x16 doughboy Summerville..22" Waterway "sand" 1.5 HP 2sp motor..Misty Falls liner, and wedding cake stairs..

13. Back To Top    #13

Wondering what pool you chose?
    AGP

14. Back To Top    #14

We have since decided not to get the doughboy, came down to cost.
    AGP

15. Back To Top    #15

Pool Factory has great pools, I just bought the Saltwater LX and am very pleased with it. 20170509_203223.jpg
    22' x 4' Intex Ultra Frame 11,000 gal, setup in summer of 2012. Hayward Power-Flo Lx 1hp 60GPM pump, Pentair SD 80 sand filter, wide mouth skimmer, all hard plumbed