Help! Nervous about mixing dry acid and chlorine tabs!

May 4, 2017
Nevada
Hello. I'm new in this forum and hoping you guys could ease my mind a bit.
I own an above ground pool, and as I was adding ph down to it I realized I had the floater with tabs in the pool. I didn't think much about it as the retailer at the store had told me I didn't have to remove them.
However I started reading in b the internet and everything warns about mixing even in small amounts being extremely dangerous. Help please! Should I be concerned? Just went out and water looks fine.
Thank you.

I would take the floater out when you add the PH down and let the pump run for about15 mins or so as well as brush to make sure it is all mixed in then go from there.

I would like to share a link with you to help save you some money:

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

As you can see most of the stuff sold as "pool" chemicals can be bought at your local grocery store! The muriatic acid can be found at Lowes in the garden department outside.

If you are interesting in learning how to care for you pool on your own and not having to spend your paycheck at the Pool $tore we can help! Just let us know!

Kim:kim:

Unless you're pouring the Sodium Bisulfate (Dry Acid) directly on the floater, you'll be fine putting it in the pool with the floater in it.

I'm sure Kim suggested taking the floater out, under an abundance of caution, and if you're a little concerned about the reaction, it's a pretty easy solution to put your mind at ease.

Thank you both so much. I appreciate it.
All this chemical situation makes my anxiety go nuts!
Thanks so much. I'm so happy to be a member! :)
Thanks.

If you peruse pool school and ask some questions I think your chemical anxiety will subside if you want to take control of the pool away from pool store testing.

Welcome :)

Thank youu :) I appreciate your comment so much. Thank you
I'm reading all about pool care, and I'm happy I found this forum so I'm going be to be asking lots of questions and hopefully feel more confident taking control of the pool ??
Thanks again :))

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.