Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello folks!

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello folks!

New pool owner from Long Island doing some light reading here. Great info so far.
    I put an intex 15' pool in last year and loved the heck out of it but hated putting it away for the winter so I jumped on a "free pool if you come and take it down" offer For a 12x20 doughboy. Repainted all the steel, had it installed, had it fall over, then had it reinstalled. It's full, up and running and already been a PITA. Skimmer Gaskets are shot, Ladder needs new parts but so far everything I expected. I can't wait till it gets hot out so I can enjoy it and forget all the aggravation. Going to go with an intex SWG I received with the pool and hope for the best.

IMG_1403.jpgIMG_1365.jpg
    5700 gallon AG Doughboy 12x20 oval, Intex Sand filter, Hayward Aqua trol SWG
    Long Island NY
    Doheney's jet drive robot (aquabot)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello folks!

Welcome to TFP! Congrats on the new pool! Yes, here's to more swimming and
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to the TFP forum!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

You've either got a really good optical illusion going on there or either the fence and yard slope or the pool does. Looks much lower on right end to me. Is the water level even all the way around inside the pool? Looks like you've been down that bad road once.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp View Post
    You've either got a really good optical illusion going on there or either the fence and yard slope or the pool does. Looks much lower on right end to me. Is the water level even all the way around inside the pool? Looks like you've been down that bad road once.
    The pool is level but the fence slopes up on the left side more than the right which is probably what is making it look skewed. I don't think I held the phone perfectly level when I took the shot either.
    5700 gallon AG Doughboy 12x20 oval, Intex Sand filter, Hayward Aqua trol SWG
    Long Island NY
    Doheney's jet drive robot (aquabot)