Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Robot mesh filter cleaner

1. Back To Top    #1

Robot mesh filter cleaner

Howdy! Snowflake, my Polaris p825, has been doing too good of a job cleaning and the mesh like filter basket has fine particles all in it. I actually took it in to Leslie's, under warranty, since the trouble light was flashing. It indicated low flow, yup I can see that. Anyways, Leslie's being Leslie's cleaned it all nice and pretty for me for free, and then tried to sale me their $15 natural chemistry Clean & Perfect that they used on it. I passed... Here is the link Natural Chemistry 14128 Clean & Perfect- 22 oz.

So, needless to say, I am looking for the TFP alternative. I have washed it a couple times since with just water but doesn't work to well. Any ideas?
    310 gallon Tiger River Sumatran Spa, covered, standalone, fiberglass, Bleach
    11,000 gallon in-ground plaster pool, Hayward SmartFilter 550 (cartridge), CompuPool(Hayward) T-15 SWG, Hayward Super II pump
    Taylor Test Kit K-2006C, K-1766, SampleSizer, SpeedStir, Polaris P825

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Robot mesh filter cleaner

Trisodium phosphate (TSP) and bleach. After you let that soak, rinse and follow up with a soak in dilute MA.

Get REAL TSP, not the fake phosphate-free TSP which sodium silicate. Typically TSP is found in the paint section at Lowes or Home Depot. Some states ban its sale, so if you can't find it, that might be the case and you'll have to order it online.

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

By the way, the MSDS indicates it's mostly water with some surfactants and lemon scent....

Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner Dolphin S300i robot, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

4. Back To Top    #4

HAHA, Thanks Matt. I figured it was some good magic potion they had just brewed up. Good thing you replied quickly, I was about to go all "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" on it with Windex. (=
    310 gallon Tiger River Sumatran Spa, covered, standalone, fiberglass, Bleach
    11,000 gallon in-ground plaster pool, Hayward SmartFilter 550 (cartridge), CompuPool(Hayward) T-15 SWG, Hayward Super II pump
    Taylor Test Kit K-2006C, K-1766, SampleSizer, SpeedStir, Polaris P825