Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Upgrade old pool light to LED

1. Back To Top    #1

Upgrade old pool light to LED

Hi,

I have an old sulyvan pool, with an old 500W KDI Paragon light in it. I want to upgrade that to a color LED. A commercial solution goes for >$1,100 and includes the shell and all, which i don't need. any ideas how to upgrade this to an LED?
    (p.s. found a similar thread that discusses this lamp, but they concluded there only how to change the bulb Pool light for old sylvan pool)
    IMG_6671.jpgIMG_6666.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Upgrade old pool light to LED

Wow Wow Wow.

I would call Inyo pools or Sunplay and see if they can sell you a light fixture that would fit in this pool that can be upgraded to an LED bulb. I have my doubts. There also may be an low voltage LED fixture that might fit. Again I would Call Inyo or Sunplay and ask.

Hopefully one of the old pool guys on here will chime in they may have an idea.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Upgrade old pool light to LED

I am having this same problem! Let me know if anyone has a new LED light that will fit in this niche!! I would appreciate it greatly!!!!! Kristen
    Kristen
    32,500 Gallon in ground gunite pool
    Hayward S310T sand filter
    Hayward H400 IDPL2 Heater
    Polaris 380 Vac