Adding chemicals in a SWG pool

frankgh

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 20, 2007
Navarre FL
My PB's store says to shut off the SWG when adding chems to the pool. I normally do not do this when adding MA, it is diluted in a bucket and spread around the pool.

What are the detrimental effects of certain chemicals to the plates in the SWG? How important is it to shut the cell down?

You shouldn't need to shut off the SWG as long as you aren't adding chemicals through the skimmer (which you shouldn't be doing anyway). The only other exception I know of is adding salt. If you have a main drain and add salt it is a good idea to turn off the SWG for 24 hours.

Yeah, nothing goes in the skimmer except CYA and then it is in a sock so no big deal.

I have not had to top the salt off yet but you are saying to stop the pump for that? Got it! I can see how the cell would think the level was REALLY high until things disolved and spead around a bit. It was not an issue when we started the SWG, I had added the salt 2 weeks before the PB installed the SWG.

Thanks Jason!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.