Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Inground Liner corner fit tight

1. Back To Top    #1

Inground Liner corner fit tight

Hello all,

Im doing a GLI liner for my 14' x 28' pool. I have the liner in place and have readjusted it a few times.
    I'm having issues in my corners. The liner bead in each corner is a real tight fit and not very secure. Simply touching the bead causes the liner to pop out. When I received my liner the manufacturer included
    a diagram of my measurements. My pool has a 6" corner radius and this was noted at the top of the
    diagram. But on the diagram itself they have corner radius as being 4". When I contacted the company that sold the liner they then contacted the manufacturer who told them that it was manufactured with only
    A 4" radius to allow for stretching. Does this sound about right or are they lying to cover someone's mistake? I've included photos of my corners and the diagram they sent me. Any replies are greatly appreciated .
    IMG_2626.jpg

IMG_2627.jpgIMG_2628.jpgIMG_2629.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Inground Liner corner fit tight

Are you installing this yourself ?
    Looks like there is no water in it yet ..........do you have any vacs hooked up to pull the liner into place ?
    You really should, or at least get some water in it for some down-force on the bead to hold it in place .
    Also , whats the temp? Need some nice warm weather to stretch that liner properly.

Might be too premature to determine if its not going to fit properly or not , untill the proper techniques for install are followed ? (Maybe you are though ???)
    18' x 36 ' - 8' deep end. In-ground, McEwen "Pence" vinyl liner .
    Blue 8 Mil. Solar cover & roller . Pentair Superflo VS pump . Poolskim .
    Hayward S210 Sand Filter . Heat Siphon Z575HP heat pump pool heater .
    Stenner EconT / Liquidator Hybrid : running 10 % bleach . Dolphin S300 Robot .
    TF100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir for the 25,000G pool and 400G Hot tub .

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Re: Inground Liner corner fit tight

The liner was built exactly as it should have been. That is the biggest problem we see with 6" corners and cool temps, they have a tendency to come unhooked. Take about 2 pennies stacked on top of each other and push in on top of the bead to hold it in the receiver.
    Over 30 years in the pool business
    We build vinyl, fiberglass, stainless steel pools
    Certified in Hydraulics