Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Silly Design Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Silly Design Question

Hey All!

I was wondering ... how many of you matched your outdoor decor (furniture, pillows, umbrellas, etc) to ...

1. Your pool tile and/or color?

2. Your house color?

3. Your landscape colors?

4. Did your own thing and didn't worry about matching anything?

Thanks! I can't wait to see the answers!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION: 544 sq feet in ground shotcrete pool, 3.6' to 6' depth, stone coping. Includes: Spa elevated 18 with stacked stone, Concrete Deck
, 18 raised beam with stacked stone Waterfalls on raised beam wall, Stacked stone on firepit side, 4' Firepit, Flagstone steps to firepit area

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Silly Design Question

I don't aim to "match" anything....but rather "complement" the house, etc. My flowers tend to be chosen based on color, my outdoor pillows are different yet all share some basic colors.

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

I didn't "match", but rather did a large color group (lime green, turquoise, yellow, orange, periwinkle, and red). All the cushions, pillows, etc are from the color group but are all different. I have stripes, flowers, solids, scrolls, and swirls.

I just put in my landscape last week and aimed to coordinate the colors somewhat, but it's looking like my "peach" roses are more of a "pink", which is NOT in my color group...oh well...I love color!!
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

4. Back To Top    #4

Treated the pergola like its own space. Started with a colorful rug. Chose furniture cushions in a contrasting color. Haven't found chaise lounges for poolside we like, yet...new pool last year. Don't think we'll try to match or contrast with the pergola setup.
    25k IG / Plaster / Built Jul'16 / Spa with Spillway into Pool / Originally filled with trucked in city water, maintaining level with rain water / Polaris 280 Sweep / Jandy Pro Series EPump a& CV 580 Cartridge Filter / Aquacal Heat Pump / AquaLink Control Panel w/PDA / TF-100 Test Kit / 2 Yellow Labs swimmin' all the time

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks all! I have a very distinctive house color and the pool is going to have glass tile in a very rustic setting. Just trying to wrap my head around the best way to compliment everything.

House is Herbivore - Trim is creamy white and windows are a rustic red.

My glass tile:

UNDER CONSTRUCTION: 544 sq feet in ground shotcrete pool, 3.6' to 6' depth, stone coping. Includes: Spa elevated 18 with stacked stone, Concrete Deck
, 18 raised beam with stacked stone Waterfalls on raised beam wall, Stacked stone on firepit side, 4' Firepit, Flagstone steps to firepit area

6. Back To Top    #6

Oh my! That house color and the tiles both are GORGEOUS!!! You can't go wrong! I'd play up greens and blues for sure, and the copper of your windvane would be a beautiful accent color too. Sunbrella makes fabric outdoor cushions in lovely blues and greens.

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks so much Maddie!! On the front porch I pulled out the red from the windows.

But with the green glass tiles in the pool, I feel like the red will be overwhelming. I think you're right - blues and greens with copper accents!!