Questioning My Start Up Tech

Jun 15, 2015
Las Vegas,NV
So I am 3 weeks into having water in the pool. waiting another for the salt system to be installed. When I last talked to my PB start up tech, he claimed that Pentair SWG liked a higher level of salt than others, around 4000ppm. Has anyone else heard or experienced this. My other concern is, I have the Master temp 400 with the copper heat exchanger. If I recall, 4000 was out of the range limits for this heater. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
Drew

Hi I have a full pentair system and have the same equipment as you. Ic40 and mt400. Just to let you know it's a great heater. It heats up my 7 ft spa in under 30 minutes. The sweet spot for pentair swg is 3600 ppm. If you have the ScreenLogic program on the pc or the app on your phone it will show you the level. I'd suggest you purchase a salinity test kit from Taylor. It's part number K-1766. Then you can double check and compare the results from your swg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most pool "professionals" learn their trade at the side of an older pool professional. Seldom do they go to formal training classes or even read the manuals of the products they install. So, if they learn bad information they continue to pass it along.....

They are a lot worse than that Tim. I remodeled my pool this year and I wanted to get a break from maintenance for a couple of months so I hired a pool guy. What a waste of my money. The guy flipped the switch on my valve and didn't set it back to the correct setting. I was in Hawaii when my daughter wanted to use he spa. She turned it on and the spa started to drain. I had to FaceTime her for over an hour from Hawaii trying to figure out what he did. I fired him when I got back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.