Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rebuilt Hayward Aquarite?

1. Back To Top    #1

Rebuilt Hayward Aquarite?

I couldn't find any previous threads on this, but I'm looking to switch our pool over to SWG.

Are the "rebuilt" Aquarite SWG AQR15 worthwhile? It looks like a difference in price of around $250 vs. new. The model (graphics) look like it's an older model, but the setup looks the same. It lists a 2 year warranty, so I can't decide if it would be worth it.

Thank you in advance!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Rebuilt Hayward Aquarite?

Welcome to the forum!

Do you have a link?
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Great, thank you Mark! Here's the one I was looking at: Hayward Aquarite Pool Salt Chlorine System ** REBUILT** AQR15 Pools up to 40k | eBay

4. Back To Top    #4

More than likely that is a unit that had a bad thermistor or solder joint and the seller was able to fix it. They are pretty easy to fix and as long as everything works, it might be worth it. However, it looks like the cell was rebuilt as well which is a red flag for me because you have no idea the quality of the plates used.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

Great, thank you for the help! I'll hold off on the rebuilt one for now.