Stain from toy battery

kdzgon

May 13, 2009
Hi,

My DGS was playing with one of those infernal "swim" toys that require a battery. He opened it up and his younger brother took the battery and threw it in to the pool. By the time I discovered what had happened and found the battery (at the bottom of the deep end) the battery had created a stain on the bottom of the pool, similar in appearance to a rust stain. The pool is some sort of concrete pool (fairly new here, we are in SWFl - old pool was vinyl - I am not sure of the differences in types of concrete if any).

Any suggestions as to what if anything I can do to remove or lessen this stain?

Pool is ~25,100 gal, and I use BBB method to balance the water. I have also added salt (~2,100) and borates (43). I'm not sure if you would need my other readings, but currently FC/TC is 4, pH is 7.6, CYA 45, TA 130 (looking to lower that number some & up borates to 50 - need to pick up more MA first).

Thanks for any help!

Laurie

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.