Hayward, Circupool and 3 " tab rant.......

JoeRJGR

Jun 19, 2013
Freehold NJ
Hello All,
Need to automate my chlorine additions this year and pretty much have settled on a SWG. I have a 36,000 gallon pool and I know the advice is to upsize to something larger, but I would much rather go with an industry leader like Hayward than Circupool. I used manual bleach additions last year and the pool was fantastic, and I did consider a Stenner, but I really dont want to be buying bleach every 2 weeks either.

My 2 main questions are...is there anyone out there that uses the Hayward AQR-15 40K unit that actually has a pool in the 40K gallon size range? Does it keep up? Based upon my pool which lost about 1.5 ppm of FC a day, I would be OK running the pump between 8 – 10 hours per day. I know the cell won’t last as long as others that are upsized, but it also doesn’t cost as much either. A new RJ 60cell is $559 and can only be purchased at Circupool.

Is there anyone who has good/bad experience with the CircuPool Universal? Its supposedly produces 2.0 lbs of per day which is better than the 1.45 of the Hayward, but also requires a higher salt concentration.

Also am I the only one who is bothered by what I consider deceptive advertising by “Discount Salt Pools” aka Circupool? They’re website pretends to be impartial source of information when in fact it is not. The warranty is prorated like everyone else, but they act like its different, and they’re owner does articles touting Circupool and again pretends to be unbiased.....the whole thing makes me question their integrity as a company.

And on one final note does anyone know why companies dont make non-stabilized chlor-tabs? I think the real benefit to salt water systems is that they produce Chlorine without increasing CYA. Most owners have no idea of the inverse relationship between CYA and end up putting too much CYA in there pool. I looked at methods to inject bleach but they all have their own draw backs...would rather not use SWG, but need to leave the pool for long periods of time. SWG seems like the best method but dont like the drawbacks of salt...

Thanks for listening!!!!!

Its actually closer to 36,000 gallons. Its a true "L" with a 20 x 40 section where half of it is a deep end thats 10 feet deep, and the other half around 4 feet deep. Then the "L" is another 12 feet by 20 feet and thats 3 feet deep. Its a big pool................

And on one final note does anyone know why companies dont make non-stabilized chlor-tabs? I think the real benefit to salt water systems is that they produce Chlorine without increasing CYA. Most owners have no idea of the inverse relationship between CYA and end up putting too much CYA in there pool. I looked at methods to inject bleach but they all have their own draw backs...would rather not use SWG, but need to leave the pool for long periods of time. SWG seems like the best method but dont like the drawbacks of salt...

Thanks for listening!!!!!
Because chlorine is a gas at "room" temperature. It must be bound to something to be in solid form, like calcium or CYA or lithium. Or sodium in the case of bleach.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.