Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cleaner Suggestions

1. Back To Top    #1

Cleaner Suggestions

I have a 24' AGP and the pool bottom is not perfectly smooth and is dimply across the whole area. The dimples are not huge or largely deep by any means. Mainly heel marks from installing the liner when putting up the pool. I currently have a Pool Rover Jr. but I am quite unhappy with it. It gets stuck often on the bottom and won't move and it also leaves debris around the outer section against the pool walls every time. I would say from the pool wall from about a foot away nothing is picked up. I never really get any thing large in my pool other than some leaves. I am looking for suggestions for a good pool cleaner that will clean the edges and not get stuck on my pool bottom. I am not wanting to spend 1000 dollars on a cleaner either. I don't care if it is a suction side or an automatic cleaner either, just something that works.
    24'x52" Quest Round AGP
    23" Hayward Sand Filter S230T, 1.5HP Matrix Pump
    Pool Rover Jr.
    TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Cleaner Suggestions

Some of the basic Dolphin models are excellent for AG pools. You can spend as much as you like however but a decent robot is the way to go IMO.

Residential Pool Cleaners | Dolphin pool cleaning robot
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

I will check on those. Open to other suggestion as well. Thanks!

24'x52" Quest Round AGP
    Pool Rover Jr.
    TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Cleaner suggestions

I have a 24' AGP and the pool bottom is not perfectly smooth and is dimply across the whole area. The dimples are not huge or largely deep by any means. Mainly heel marks from installing the liner when putting up the pool. I currently have a Pool Rover Jr. but I am quite unhappy with it. It gets stuck often on the bottom and won't move and it also leaves debris around the outer section against the pool walls every time. I would say from the pool wall from about a foot away nothing is picked up. I never really get any thing large in my pool other than some leaves. I am looking for suggestions for a good pool cleaner that will clean the edges and not get stuck on my pool bottom. I am not wanting to spend 1000 dollars on a cleaner either. I don't care if it is a suction side or an automatic cleaner either, just something that works.

24'x52" Quest Round AGP
    Pool Rover Jr.
    TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Re: Cleaner suggestions

Here is a good candidate, Dolphin E10 Series Robotic Cleaner | Doheny's Pool Supplies Fast I have a similar model for inground pools and it does a great job.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

If i were to buy the E10 online does that void the warranty or does the warranty still come with it? I see some of those the warranty is void if purchased online.
    24'x52" Quest Round AGP
    Pool Rover Jr.
    TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

I bought a Discovery from Doheny's and it has a warranty. I was able to find a local Maytronics repair center who repaired mine under warranty. They also have depots that you San send them to for repairs.
    TFP Moderator
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

8. Back To Top    #8

Ok thanks. All reviews I can find on the Internet are really good except the ones on amazon.

24'x52" Quest Round AGP
    Pool Rover Jr.
    TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

I just purchased the E10 cleaner from doheny's. Thanks for the input. Hopefully will have better luck with this one. Now if I can just find some one to purchase my pool rover jr.

24'x52" Quest Round AGP
    Pool Rover Jr.
    TF-100 Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

Went with the dolphin E-10 from doheny's. Hopefully this will work better. Thanks for the input. Just need to find someone to buy my pool rover jr now.

24'x52" Quest Round AGP
    Pool Rover Jr.
    TF-100 Test Kit

11. Back To Top    #11

Quick update. I received my new dolphin robot and color me impressed. Pool has never been this clean with my previous vac. Never got stuck once and got all the edge debris. Thanks for the suggestion!

24'x52" Quest Round AGP
    Pool Rover Jr.
    TF-100 Test Kit

12. Back To Top    #12

Awesome, congrats! Welcome to the robot club!
    TFP Moderator