pool covers

Hello, I'm in need to replace my cover (23+ yrs old) that was damaged in a storm. I have 3 quotes, 2-$4k each; 1-$2.5k. I have narrowed it down to 2; the Loop-Loc II Super Dense Mesh or Merlin Smart Mesh. Even with all my research, I'm still at a loss of. I open my pool in April and close in October, and we may receive snow (definitely ice) in the winter). I've read other posts that mentioned removing water and snow from the cover during the winter months, I've never done either. Your experience would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, BruceMichele

I've read good reviews of Loop-Loc products. Removing ice and water will probably help extend the life of the cover. If you got 23 years out of the last cover I'd say you were doing something right!! :goodjob:
Either with a small cover pump or a simple sump pump when its melted should do the trick.

Maddie :flower: <who spent mucho time in Upper Marlboro as a teen...my boyfriend lived in Lothian...warm memories of tobacco barns and horse farms and fun!>

Nice to see someone from my neck of the woods. My name is Chris. I live in Lothian. We just had our pool done this month. I have been following this website and have gotten some good information. Just thought I'd say hi, thought it was cool when I saw upper marlboro md

It must snow at least occasionally on Upper Marlboro no?

Regardless, I love our Merlin Smartmesh. It's mesh, no pump needed. Once it melts, it drains through and the cover pops back up above the water surface. You can see a few pics of it on my pool in my build thread in my signature. One with no snow, one with snow.

We have a loop loc mesh. It held up very well with the snow we got two years ago. I originally thought it failed when I saw how deep it bowed with all the weight, but it returned to form after the melt. With the mesh we don't worry about a pump, though we do drain the pool some a couple times over winter. The only problem we had so far was a deer punching some holes across the top. We patched it and it held up well this winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.