Dolphin Supreme M Series Owner’s Club

Hello to everyone
First I purchased and started using Aquabot S600. Never climbed the walls and i had to return it.
Got find local pool store with demo units. I think that was best chance what i had. They did not charge anything using demo units.
Focused on Z5 and M500. A
But when i tested, easily noticed that, M500 is very strong cleaner.

I preferred M500
most important; it was most suitable for my pool surface( mostly curved),
3 years warranty and
user experiences and advises. Looks like there is no unhappy M500 user.

Most of good cleaners close to $1000 or over. I got it for $1299

I will ask couple of questions to experienced users when i made the list.

Cheers, Mesut

As per my understanding, M500 extra fine filters rated to around 50 microns.
Can we use 2-5 microns filters on that ?
I mean If i replace filter materiel by myself and installed, it may impact cleaner performance? I compared 5 & 50 microns and water circulation is not looks like different.
Any advise?
Have a great weekend

As per my understanding, M500 extra fine filters rated to around 50 microns.
Can we use 2-5 microns filters on that ?
I mean If i replace filter materiel by myself and installed, it may impact cleaner performance? I compared 5 & 50 microns and water circulation is not looks like different.
Any advise?
Have a great weekend
I would say that filter will clog much faster with 2-5 micron. just like the RO/DI water filter. the more fine particles to filter the faster the filter clog and reduce the flow rate.

Putting in even finer filters will clog up the machine faster, and reduce the amount of water able to flow through the machine. You may see reduced climb performance and possible overheating (unlikely though, unless you ran it for several cycles back to back like that).

1B87FF7A-55CF-4F6D-A92D-07230D10C7F7.jpg

Thoughts on how these will clean fiberglass and specifically the safety ledge? I’m assuming the far end would be easy as it’s smooth top to bottom. How about the ridges on the sides? Trying to decide between M400/M500 or possibly S series. Thanks

View attachment 71782

Thoughts on how these will clean fiberglass and specifically the safety ledge? I’m assuming the far end would be easy as it’s smooth top to bottom. How about the ridges on the sides? Trying to decide between M400/M500 or possibly S series. Thanks

My test tanks are fiberglass, all Dolphins climb in there fine. Shouldn't have too much of an issue with those ridges all the way around either. How deep is the safety ledge? Worst case scenario the robot's impeller goes above the surface and it shuts down because it's out of water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have an in ground cleaner but we get a bunch of leaves and fine grit and I hate vacuuming. Hubby says buy a robot and so it seems like the M5/500 is what I am leaning towards. We have an infinity edge pool and a spa. Do I just take the robot out and put him in the spa and then into the overflow basin to clean both those areas even though they are relatively small?

I have an in ground cleaner but we get a bunch of leaves and fine grit and I hate vacuuming. Hubby says buy a robot and so it seems like the M5/500 is what I am leaning towards. We have an infinity edge pool and a spa. Do I just take the robot out and put him in the spa and then into the overflow basin to clean both those areas even though they are relatively small?

You can certainly try. The robot may get a little confused initially with such a small area to work with and may not be able to clean it effectively with no room to maneuver but it's worth a shot.

I also have M500 but never thought to clean attached-spa with it :)

Since narrow area, if i try; set up (via bluetooth only ) first only ground then only wall, and it should clean it.
M500 is good cleaner, even much better than S300i. At last it wont stop middle of pool due to main drain :)

Have a great Sunday

I have an approx 5' round spillover spa and also three long steps down into the pool that are trouble spots. I either guide the M500 along the steps with my hand from the side of the pool or get in and just keep nudging it gently while it's cleaning. The bottom of the spa is probably a 4 or even 3.5ft area. Robot basically rolls forward and bumps backward but even just a foot of distance can get the bulk of crud and then I stir up the rest and try to get it to fall over the spillover.

New M400 owner here. Has anyone running the M500/400 experimented with the best configuration of arm angle and float arrangement. Mine seemed to work the waterline faster with arms diagonal better but I haven’t been able to tell any difference with arm floats in versus out. Anyone found the perfect setup?

Hi folks:

I just bought an M500 "without Bluetooth." I guess the store I bought it from had it both with and without. I assume "without" is perhaps the previous year model? The part ID is Maytronics Part # 99991089-US versus the Bluetooth version which is Maytronics Part # 99991089-USBLE.

The "non Bluetooth" version was $300 cheaper. I opted for this one since my wife isn't a big smarthphone user and I think she would prefer the traditional remote control versus the iPhone app.

Looking forward to trying out this beast in May when my gunite pool opens!

Research question. How will the M series handle my beach entrance? Will it sense that it's getting out of water and back off or will it get stuck? Thanks.

It will go as shallow as the impeller then stop because it is out of water. Most robots don't do beach entrances well. They either shut down because they sense they are out of water or climb out of the pool, run dry for however long and overheat.

Hi folks:

I just bought an M500 "without Bluetooth." I guess the store I bought it from had it both with and without. I assume "without" is perhaps the previous year model? The part ID is Maytronics Part # 99991089-US versus the Bluetooth version which is Maytronics Part # 99991089-USBLE.

The "non Bluetooth" version was $300 cheaper. I opted for this one since my wife isn't a big smarthphone user and I think she would prefer the traditional remote control versus the iPhone app.

Looking forward to trying out this beast in May when my gunite pool opens!

The non bluetooth model hasn't been made since 2016 I think. Just NOS they were trying to move from the sounds of it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.