Chlorine Poolife NST Tablets

wjr75

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 6, 2013
IL
I would like to get some feedback/reviews on this new product. This does not add any CYA and is a calcium based product. Does anyone know how much calcium is added per 3" tab? The pricing looks to be little high at this point but this may have potential in my case since I need to add 10lbs of calcium up every spring after having my pool power washed and filled.

I would like to do a cost comparison of the ppm Chlorine added per 3" tab/bucket verses using 12.5% chlorine which I get for $2.50 per gallon. Probably would end up using a combination of both.

One site selling this is indicating -Calcium Hypochlorite: 70.2%, Other Ingredients: 29.8%. Need to find out what the 29.8% other ingredients is and if it is safe for my Pebble Tech finish. Where does one find the MSDS sheets for a new product? Looks like it is about $2.50 per tab ($114 per 20lb Amazon) and adds 1.9ppm CL/ 1.3ppm CH according to pool math in my case for a 20K gallon pool (assuming a 7oz tab).

One site selling this is indicating -Calcium Hypochlorite: 70.2%, Other Ingredients: 29.8%. Need to find out what the 29.8% other ingredients is and if it is safe for my Pebble Tech finish. Where does one find the MSDS sheets for a new product? Looks like it is about $2.50 per tab ($114 per 20lb Amazon) and adds 1.9ppm CL/ 1.3ppm CH according to pool math in my case for a 20K gallon pool (assuming a 7oz tab).
Wow, that's 3X as expensive as 12.5%. I get 1-gallon (128oz) jugs of 12.5% for $2.99, and that would add 6.2ppm to FC (& 10ppm salt) in your 20K gallon pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.