Dolphin differences? Looking for insight...

Ok, my zen time is over (no longer enjoy brushing the walls and vacuuming the pool)-looking for my first robot.

I am struggling with "what are the differences" between the following: Dolphin s300i, Dolphin Active 30i, Dolphin Triton Plus & the Pentair Kreepy Krauly Prowler 920.

I know everyone has their favorites, but I am just looking for the differences between these models. Also, any constructive reviews on any of these is welcome.

Thanks for the responses!!

Reactions: gregh77
I am looking to and became extremely confused. I did find this list on sun plays website if it helps.

Dolphin S200
= Dolphin Active 20 = Dolphin Cayman = Dolphin Nautilus (2017 and Later) = Pentair Prowler 920
Dolphin S300 = Dolphin Active 30 = Dolphin Quantum
Dolphin S300i = Dolphin Active 30i = Dolphin Triton Plus (2017 and Later) = Pentair Prowler 930
Dolphin Premier = Dolphin Triton (2016 and Prior) = Pentair Prowler 830 = Dolphin DX6 = Dolphin Edge = Dolphin Thunder 20

Please know that list is not entirely accurate.

I am looking to and became extremely confused. I did find this list on sun plays website if it helps.

Dolphin S200
= Dolphin Active 20 = Dolphin Cayman = Dolphin Nautilus (2017 and Later) = Pentair Prowler 920
Dolphin S300 = Dolphin Active 30 = Dolphin Quantum
Dolphin S300i = Dolphin Active 30i = Dolphin Triton Plus (2017 and Later) = Pentair Prowler 930
Dolphin Premier = Dolphin Triton (2016 and Prior) = Pentair Prowler 830 = Dolphin DX6 = Dolphin Edge = Dolphin Thunder 20

I believe the Cayman only has 1 brush so it would not be the same as the rest in that group

It came from Sun play... I have no idea if it's wrong or not? Im looking at the Dolphin Triton 2017 on Sunplay . It isn't listed as being the same as the S300 but it looks just like the Triton plus that is the same as the S300i? Its very confusing. Its also confusing on who to buy from. It seems there are only two reputable choices that people have suggested. My pool store has the S300 for $1100 . If it's the same as Sunplay , it's $795 or so.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi

I recently bought what I think is the equivalento of S300 (Básic app, 2 year warranty, dual filter, no caddy, called NES35 in Mexico) and am pretty happy with it. It seems well built and is really simple to use: Put it in the pool, press play, wait 2 hours, clean the filter (really easy: top opens up and you lift the filter basket out). I haven't bothered trying the app as it only seems to have the same functions as the control panel (delayed clean, periodic clean (I suppose while you're on vacation), quick clean). The floating cable works well in my opinion and I haven't has any twisting issues. It's easy to unplug and straighten out if you need to. Seems to do as good or better job as manual vacuum.

Not sure if you made up your mind yet, but I have researched the same units for the last week and spoken to maytronics for over 45 minutes.

The active 30i and s300i are the same exact unit. Only difference between them and the active 30 and s300 is that the Bluetooth feature allows you to have more programming, like scrub walls only, or waterline only. Other difference is the warranty on the s300i and active 30i includes wearables (tracks and brushes) whereas the other 2 don't.

the 2017 Triton plus powerstream is the same as the active 30 and s300. Only difference is it doesn't come with caddy

I demo'd the s300 and it's a good unit, only complaint was that sand sometimes got in hinge by spring door preventing it from closing all the way.

After speaking with maytronics, I ended up going with the Dolphin Oasis z5 from epic pool supply. The maytronics rep told me that's the better unit. She said the only unit better is the premier, but its bottom loading and doesn't come with caddy or remote. You can get the Oasis for $975 after the $50 rebate. (I found a coupon for $25 off, poolreview25). To me, that a great deal considering it comes with a 3 year warranty, caddy and remote. I don't care about weekly timers because even the maytronics rep told me you really shouldn't leave the units in the water all the time.

also, as far as service, maytronics rep told me that although any local dealer can service the z5, it will always be faster to send any dolphin product directly to them. It's a 5-7 day turnaround including shipping time. 2 days to get there, 1-2 days at most for repair and 2 days for shipping back

Not sure if you made up your mind yet, but I have researched the same units for the last week and spoken to maytronics for over 45 minutes.

The active 30i and s300i are the same exact unit. Only difference between them and the active 30 and s300 is that the Bluetooth feature allows you to have more programming, like scrub walls only, or waterline only. Other difference is the warranty on the s300i and active 30i includes wearables (tracks and brushes) whereas the other 2 don't.

the 2017 Triton plus powerstream is the same as the active 30 and s300. Only difference is it doesn't come with caddy

I demo'd the s300 and it's a good unit, only complaint was that sand sometimes got in hinge by spring door preventing it from closing all the way.

After speaking with maytronics, I ended up going with the Dolphin Oasis z5 from epic pool supply. The maytronics rep told me that's the better unit. She said the only unit better is the premier, but its bottom loading and doesn't come with caddy or remote. You can get the Oasis for $975 after the $50 rebate. (I found a coupon for $25 off, poolreview25). To me, that a great deal considering it comes with a 3 year warranty, caddy and remote. I don't care about weekly timers because even the maytronics rep told me you really shouldn't leave the units in the water all the time.

also, as far as service, maytronics rep told me that although any local dealer can service the z5, it will always be faster to send any dolphin product directly to them. It's a 5-7 day turnaround including shipping time. 2 days to get there, 1-2 days at most for repair and 2 days for shipping back
When you say, "the 2017 Triton plus powerstream is the same as the active 30 and s300. Only difference is it doesn't come with caddy". Does that also mean active 30i and s300i? In other words is the Triton plus powerstream the same as active 30i and s300i as well? I've narrowed it down to either a Triton Plus or Dolphin Oasis Z5i. I did learn the z5i is more powerful 4500 gph vs. 4000 gph on the triton. My only remaining decision is to go whether to go with an active or passive brush....thoughts?

For what it’s worth, my Active 30i cleans great but it’s almost unusable because the cord tangles really badly and no matter what I do, it tangles back again. Only reaching a quarter of my pool now. I specifically asked this question to Marina before I bought it and she told me that the tangling issue has been fixed….it has not.

For what it’s worth, my Active 30i cleans great but it’s almost unusable because the cord tangles really badly and no matter what I do, it tangles back again. Only reaching a quarter of my pool now. I specifically asked this question to Marina before I bought it and she told me that the tangling issue has been fixed….it has not.
Rodex,
When did you buy your Active 30i? Just curious as I might be looking to modernize my M500 and looking at options.

Rodex,
When did you buy your Active 30i? Just curious as I might be looking to modernize my M500 and looking at options.
For my 2cents, I bought a S300i and it worked great until the motor failed after 4-1/2 years of near-daily use. I used the remote features close to never, so I picked up an S200 (caddy and power unit were still functional from my S300i). In my opinion, keep it simple. More features does not equal better cleaning. The S200 is great and if I miss a spot I can run another cycle. No big deal.

Reactions: the_sphynx
Rodex,
In April. The Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity is absolutely awful, also. Adds no value when you can’t actually connect to the thing. WiFi never works, even when I put the router right next to the controller. Bluetooth works for 30 seconds almost exactly then cuts out, so I can at least change the programming but forget manually driving it.

In April. The Bluetooth and WiFi connectivity is absolutely awful, also. Adds no value when you can’t actually connect to the thing. WiFi never works, even when I put the router right next to the controller. Bluetooth works for 30 seconds almost exactly then cuts out, so I can at least change the programming but forget manually driving it.
And apparently I have to pay for shipping the entire robot and power supply back to them. 😑

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.