Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin differences? Looking for insight...

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Dolphin differences? Looking for insight...

Ok, my zen time is over (no longer enjoy brushing the walls and vacuuming the pool)-looking for my first robot.

I am struggling with "what are the differences" between the following: Dolphin s300i, Dolphin Active 30i, Dolphin Triton Plus & the Pentair Kreepy Krauly Prowler 920.

I know everyone has their favorites, but I am just looking for the differences between these models. Also, any constructive reviews on any of these is welcome.

Thanks for the responses!!
    True L 16' X 43' X (18' X 24') | Poly wall | Vinyl liner | Swim out in deep end

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dolphin differences? Looking for insight...

Shazauum!!

Sorry Bobby, just the first thing I thought of. Welcome to TFP.

I am a huge fan of the Dolphin Supreme series. Lots of people love the 200/300/Discovery. For that info, the best thread on the forum covers that and more. Enjoy your stay on TFP.

First Robotic Cleaner, Doheny's Discovery
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

I love it! All about a good time!!

Thanks for the reply, I'll check it out.
    True L 16' X 43' X (18' X 24') | Poly wall | Vinyl liner | Swim out in deep end

4. Back To Top    #4

I am looking to and became extremely confused. I did find this list on sun plays website if it helps.

Dolphin S200
    = Dolphin Active 20 = Dolphin Cayman = Dolphin Nautilus (2017 and Later) = Pentair Prowler 920
    Dolphin S300 = Dolphin Active 30 = Dolphin Quantum
    Dolphin S300i = Dolphin Active 30i = Dolphin Triton Plus (2017 and Later) = Pentair Prowler 930
    Dolphin Premier = Dolphin Triton (2016 and Prior) = Pentair Prowler 830 = Dolphin DX6 = Dolphin Edge = Dolphin Thunder 20

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Dolphin differences? Looking for insight...

Please know that list is not entirely accurate.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Jennels View Post
    I am looking to and became extremely confused. I did find this list on sun plays website if it helps.

Dolphin S200
    = Dolphin Active 20 = Dolphin Cayman = Dolphin Nautilus (2017 and Later) = Pentair Prowler 920
    Dolphin S300 = Dolphin Active 30 = Dolphin Quantum
    Dolphin S300i = Dolphin Active 30i = Dolphin Triton Plus (2017 and Later) = Pentair Prowler 930
    Dolphin Premier = Dolphin Triton (2016 and Prior) = Pentair Prowler 830 = Dolphin DX6 = Dolphin Edge = Dolphin Thunder 20
    I believe the Cayman only has 1 brush so it would not be the same as the rest in that group
    Sacramento, CA - In Ground Plaster - 18,00 Gallons - Chlorine - 3HP Pentair Intelliflow #11018 - Pentair Clean & Clear Filter #160301 - Dolphin S200 Robot - TF100

7. Back To Top    #7

It came from Sun play... I have no idea if it's wrong or not? Im looking at the Dolphin Triton 2017 on Sunplay . It isn't listed as being the same as the S300 but it looks just like the Triton plus that is the same as the S300i? Its very confusing. Its also confusing on who to buy from. It seems there are only two reputable choices that people have suggested. My pool store has the S300 for $1100 . If it's the same as Sunplay , it's $795 or so.

8. Back To Top    #8

Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

9. Back To Top    #9

Check out my review. The only = to the S300i is the Active30i

Dolphin S300i Review

Thes videos also may help
    Maytronics Dolphin S300i - YouTube
    Maytronics Dolphin S300i Unboxing and Purchase Experience - YouTube

10. Back To Top    #10

What is the 2017 Triton plus the equivalent to ?

11. Back To Top    #11

Hi

I recently bought what I think is the equivalento of S300 (Básic app, 2 year warranty, dual filter, no caddy, called NES35 in Mexico) and am pretty happy with it. It seems well built and is really simple to use: Put it in the pool, press play, wait 2 hours, clean the filter (really easy: top opens up and you lift the filter basket out). I haven't bothered trying the app as it only seems to have the same functions as the control panel (delayed clean, periodic clean (I suppose while you're on vacation), quick clean). The floating cable works well in my opinion and I haven't has any twisting issues. It's easy to unplug and straighten out if you need to. Seems to do as good or better job as manual vacuum.

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by Jennels View Post
    What is the 2017 Triton plus the equivalent to ?
    It is the same as the S300 and Active30. More in this thread, First Robotic Cleaner, Doheny's Discovery
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

13. Back To Top    #13

Not sure if you made up your mind yet, but I have researched the same units for the last week and spoken to maytronics for over 45 minutes.

The active 30i and s300i are the same exact unit. Only difference between them and the active 30 and s300 is that the Bluetooth feature allows you to have more programming, like scrub walls only, or waterline only. Other difference is the warranty on the s300i and active 30i includes wearables (tracks and brushes) whereas the other 2 don't.

the 2017 Triton plus powerstream is the same as the active 30 and s300. Only difference is it doesn't come with caddy

I demo'd the s300 and it's a good unit, only complaint was that sand sometimes got in hinge by spring door preventing it from closing all the way.

After speaking with maytronics, I ended up going with the Dolphin Oasis z5 from epic pool supply. The maytronics rep told me that's the better unit. She said the only unit better is the premier, but its bottom loading and doesn't come with caddy or remote. You can get the Oasis for $975 after the $50 rebate. (I found a coupon for $25 off, poolreview25). To me, that a great deal considering it comes with a 3 year warranty, caddy and remote. I don't care about weekly timers because even the maytronics rep told me you really shouldn't leave the units in the water all the time.

also, as far as service, maytronics rep told me that although any local dealer can service the z5, it will always be faster to send any dolphin product directly to them. It's a 5-7 day turnaround including shipping time. 2 days to get there, 1-2 days at most for repair and 2 days for shipping back