Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jack's Purple Stuff~Where To Purchase/Best Prices

1. Back To Top    #1

Jack's Purple Stuff~Where To Purchase/Best Prices

I have to use Jack's Purple Stuff on a regular bases for my SWG pool. Does anyone know where is the best place to purchase? I have purchased at Leslie's, but holy toledo....very expensive.

TIA
    Horses make me smile. :)
    16K gallon iregular SWG w/spa, Aquarite, Legend Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jack's Purple Stuff~Where To Purchase/Best Prices

have you tried www.froogle.com?
    16x32 21,000 gallon in-ground exposed aggregate, 1.5hp pump, 120 sqft catridge filter, birdcage, solar panels, aquavac tigershark qc robot.

3. Back To Top    #3

It's probably going to run about $20-$25 a bottle no matter where you get it. I would check the local pool stores and possible hardware stores (Ace Hardware in my area carries it). Often, it's cheaper to buy it locally once you figure in shipping charges.
    Do you specifically need to use the purple stuff for warranty? If not and you just need to sequster metals you can use any seqesterant that is HEDP based, even with a SWG. I use the Ace house brand O-Ace-Sis and Proteam Metal Magic pretty much interchangeably and both are less expensive than Jacks.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by waterbear
    It's probably going to run about $20-$25 a bottle no matter where you get it. I would check the local pool stores and possible hardware stores (Ace Hardware in my area carries it). Often, it's cheaper to buy it locally once you figure in shipping charges.
    Do you specifically need to use the purple stuff for warranty? If not and you just need to sequster metals you can use any seqesterant that is HEDP based, even with a SWG. I use the Ace house brand O-Ace-Sis and Proteam Metal Magic pretty much interchangeably and both are less expensive than Jacks.
    No I don't need to use for warranty purposes. I didn't know what else to use that would suffice as a good sequestering agent. Thank you for the suggestions for other options. I will definitely see if I can find those instead. LOVE this forum!!
    Horses make me smile. :)
    16K gallon iregular SWG w/spa, Aquarite, Legend Cleaner

5. Back To Top    #5

baically any one that is HEDP based, based on phosphonates or phosphonic acid derivatives (three different ways to say the same thing) or are NOT phosphate free or based on EDTA is going to be what you want. There are a LOT of them out there at different price points. I just mentioned the ones I use the most. If your local pool store or hardware store has a house brand that is less money it is often going to be your best deal. The stuff in the bottle is basically all the same if it is HEDP based.