Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Doheny Discovery

1. Back To Top    #1

Red face Doheny Discovery

Hi All;

Just received Doheny Discovery today, looks like it's gonna be good. A couple ?s:

Directions say don't use an extension, why not?

Directions also say don't get in pool while robot is in pool, it is DC. Did it for years with our other robot.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Gary R.

PS, my signature is still wrong, not sure how to fix.
    IG Pool 20,000 Gallons Gunite-Hayward 1 HP Super Pump-Doheny Discovery Pool Cleaner
    Pentair Sand Filter-Raypac Pool Heater 266,000 BTU-PoolSkim Pool Skimmer-TF 100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Doheny Discovery

Answer to both questions is safety. I would worry more about the extension cord than swimming with it, but they have to cover themselves legally no matter what.

Let us know how it does on vinyl, 'k?

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

I swim with mine, it Iikes to sneak up on me and scare me.

Click settings upper right and edit signature lower left. More here about what to put in your sig, Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post

4. Back To Top    #4

The don't swim with it in the pool is for the cord. Kids could get tangled in it.
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.

5. Back To Top    #5

Gary,

I've been in the pool with my Robot running before and I've found that it can sneak right up on you... It won't hurt you, but it sure can scare the heck out of you..

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

6. Back To Top    #6

Everyone has been in the pool with our Roby. He never hurt a thing, but he is sneaky too.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem