Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chem feedback please.

1. Back To Top    #1

Chem feedback please.

Opened pool and chemistry is getting close I think. Looking for feedback on next steps especially for CH.

FC = 6.5
    CC = 0.5
    TC = 7.0
    CH = 150
    TA = 50
    CYA = 60
    PH = 7.0

If I used the pool math calculator correctly I think I should be adding the following:
    - 44oz of stabilizer to bring up CYA from 60 to 70
    - Lower IntelliChlor generator % a hair to bring FC down slightly (currently at 40%)
    - Add 150oz of baking soda to raise TA from 50 to 70
    - CH - pool math says add about 89lbs of calcium chloride to go from 150 to 450
    - For PH I was thinking since its close and tends to rise a bit on its own I would just let it be

Should I be doing all the above at once or step by step and re-assess?

Thanks in advance
    20x40, IG, gunite, rectangular, 32k gallons, 3'6 - 8'6 deep, filled 8/5/2016, 36" raised beam, 3x hammered copper wall bowl scuppers w/ pump. 8' diving board. FNS Plus 60 DE filter, IntelliFlow 2 VST pump, IntelliChlor IC40 SWCG, Rheem 400k btu propane heater, Blue Surf PebbleSheen, Easytouch control system w/ ScreenLogic Interface, 2x IntelliBright 5G LED lights, Polaris 380 cleaner w/ booster pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Chem feedback please.

Raising your TA might help inch up your PH a tad. Everything else looks good.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Chem feedback please.

Rule of thumb here is to add things thirty minutes apart, except for CYA, because it takes a while to dissolve.

I've never had to add any, but I have read here plenty of times that adding a bunch of Calcium can cause temporary cloudiness. So don't panic if it happens to you. Just leave the pump run and be patient.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!