Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Plumbing water to add slide to existing pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Plumbing water to add slide to existing pool

When we installed our pool a few years ago, I never considered a slide. A lot of construction and concrete later, we are considering adding one. I have a corner behind a fireplace pavilion that would likely work best, problem is, how do we get water there? From what I'm reading, water from the pool return is typically used- I am not wanting a major disruption of existing concrete so I'm not sure if it's even possible to get water where it needs to come from and send it to where it needs to go.

Any thoughts?

Here are photos from when the pool was installed

Here is the pool area now

Pump is a good 25 feet in the direction of the arrow

Leisure 34' Riviera fiberglass pool installed 2014 (~15000 gallons). 150 sq ft cartridge filter, SWG. Aquacomfort heat pump. Test kit- Taylor K-2005, Taylor FAS-DPD drop test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Plumbing water to add slide to existing pool

Before you go too far down the road of getting the water there make sure the slide you are interested in can be installed in that location with the depth/slope of the pool wall/bottom. Failure to follow the slide manufacturer's requirements may result in a cancellation of your homeowners insurance.
    TFP Moderator

Trouble Free Pool is a free resource. The people who answer questions are volunteers. If you find the site to be a good resource, please consider making a donation to help support the site. Thanks.

Support the site

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks! Yes, researched footprints and required space and depth and have a few options if accessing water isn't too much of an issue.
    Leisure 34' Riviera fiberglass pool installed 2014 (~15000 gallons). 150 sq ft cartridge filter, SWG. Aquacomfort heat pump. Test kit- Taylor K-2005, Taylor FAS-DPD drop test kit.

4. Back To Top    #4

I connect my slide to a garden hose via an adaptor that comes with the slide nozzle kit. Means you have to drag a hose over when you want to use the slide, but also didn't have to do any plumbing.

Note the slide is old, and originally had a plumbed line, but that line broke so I use the hose. The line was from house water, not pool water.
    25,000 gal fiberglass pool, Raypak 336k BTU low nox RP 2100 gas heater, Pentair CCP520 520 sq ft Cart filter, Max-Flo VS2303VSP pump, diy control and automation system

seperate spa, with own pump, cartridge filter, Hayward H200FDN heater, diy control and automation system

5. Back To Top    #5

I do not see a problem here.
    Run the trench from the equipment pad to the back fence, along the fence, up the side fence and to the slide location.

They take a bunch of water so you may need to dial down the other returns.

Connect the line to the return header (if you have one) with a Jandy Valve.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall