Kool Deck Paint

Jul 15, 2016
Florida
We purchased a home last year with an inground pool with a Kool Deck surface that desperately needs to be painted. Being that we're in FL, I want to be careful not to paint it with something that is going to get hot. Does anyone have any recommendations for concrete paint/stain that can be easily purchased from a big box or pool store that will still keep the benefits of the Kool Deck surface?

Thanks

My folks used to live in The Villages, FL. Everyone's driveway was customized with paint and fancy designs. I'd never seen that before.

I think the paint was some sort of cool surface. Can you find someone who has that and ask them what is used? Then check to see if its appropriate around pools too? Maybe call the companies that provide this driveway art and ask them?

Just a thought....

Maddie :flower:

We purchased a home last year with an inground pool with a Kool Deck surface that desperately needs to be painted. Being that we're in FL, I want to be careful not to paint it with something that is going to get hot. Does anyone have any recommendations for concrete paint/stain that can be easily purchased from a big box or pool store that will still keep the benefits of the Kool Deck surface?

Thanks

I used this (EnduraCool Stain NewLook International). Haven't gotten to the hot part of summer yet since we did the deck to test the 'coolness' but happy with the results so far.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.