Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Kool Deck Paint

1. Back To Top    #1

Kool Deck Paint

We purchased a home last year with an inground pool with a Kool Deck surface that desperately needs to be painted. Being that we're in FL, I want to be careful not to paint it with something that is going to get hot. Does anyone have any recommendations for concrete paint/stain that can be easily purchased from a big box or pool store that will still keep the benefits of the Kool Deck surface?

Thanks
    St, Augustine, FL / Covered Screen Enclosure
    1982 IG plaster/pebble - 18K gallon city water, Hayward C900 Cartridge Filter, Single Speed Pump 1.5hp
    Testing with TFT-100, Treated with Liquid Chlorine, Muriatic Acid, and Baking Soda

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Kool Deck Paint

My folks used to live in The Villages, FL. Everyone's driveway was customized with paint and fancy designs. I'd never seen that before.

I think the paint was some sort of cool surface. Can you find someone who has that and ask them what is used? Then check to see if its appropriate around pools too? Maybe call the companies that provide this driveway art and ask them?

Just a thought....

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

In the Industry

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by dtarantino View Post
    We purchased a home last year with an inground pool with a Kool Deck surface that desperately needs to be painted. Being that we're in FL, I want to be careful not to paint it with something that is going to get hot. Does anyone have any recommendations for concrete paint/stain that can be easily purchased from a big box or pool store that will still keep the benefits of the Kool Deck surface?

Thanks
    I used this (EnduraCool Stain NewLook International). Haven't gotten to the hot part of summer yet since we did the deck to test the 'coolness' but happy with the results so far.