Sequestrant Question

Jun 15, 2015
Las Vegas,NV
Now say that 5 times real fast.

On most of the start up instructions I have read, including here, there is mention of adding sequestrant at a start up dose before adding chlorine and such. If the start up company did not add any, and the pool has been running for 3 weeks now, how would you proceed dosage wise? Start up or maintenance at this point. I'm guessing any metal, stain, scale remover will do?

Thanks
Drew

Do you have a known metals problem with your pool? Does your fill water have known metals in it? As in: your water has been tested, by likely someone other than the pool store, and you know there is metals in it? Have you had metals staining in the past?

If no to those questions, there is no need for sequestrant at all.

This is my third pool in Vegas and I don't recall having any issues with metal stains in the past. 1st pool was plain plaster, 2nd pool was pebble tec. This one is quartz so it is a new material to me. Is the scale remover useful with the Vegas hard water, especially with a salt cell?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.