Steiner Pump not pumping

Nov 3, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
I posted about a year ago about my Stenner pump not pumping chlorine. At that time, it turned out that some of the lube I used when I assembled the pump got on the rollers and tube and I had to clean it in order to get it to pump properly. A few months ago, I had the same issue even though I removed virtually all the grease the first time. I cleaned it again and replaced the duckbill. Again, it started pumping. Now, I noticed my chlorine level dropping and sure enough the pump is not pumping. I know this because I installed the Stenner flow meter (indicator) and it shows no flow.

My rollers are expanded. The rollers turn freely and the tube is not split or broken. Do you need to replace the tube on this pump periodically even though it has not failed? The answer to this question is unclear from the Stenner site. Also, I called Stenner the last time and they did not mention replacing the tube. Basically, they did not provide me with any recommendations to fix the issue.

You most likely need to replace the pump tube every year even if it doesn't look bad. They tend to flatten out over time and stop pumping. I, as regular maintenance, replace mine at the beginning of each season.

When my stenner quit pumping it turned out to be the inlet side tubing adapter leaking. Try this - unhook the inlet side tubing and put your finger over the tube inlet and turn on the pump. If the tube is not leaking you will feel some suction pressure on your finger if the tube is leaking there will be no suction pressure. If you feel suction pressure install the tubing adapter without the tube and put your finger over the inlet then turn on the pump and put your finger over the inlet and see if it is leaking. My money is on the adapter leaking.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.