Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ecoFINISH polyFIBRO for gunite pools??

1. Back To Top    #1

ecoFINISH polyFIBRO for gunite pools??

Had a rep out yesterday to get an estimate for aquaBRIGHT. He brought polyFIBRO samples too and said it's the same thing as AB but marketed for fiberglass pools. Is there someone out there with direct knowledge of ecoFINISH products to confirm/deny his claim?

Thanks!
    screen enclosed 12 x 24 rectangle 10k IG gunite with AquaBright (Blue Lagoon w/Blue Med markers), Pentair CnC RP 150, Pentair Superflo VS (no SWG, no water features, no heater)
    K2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ecoFINISH polyFIBRO for gunite pools??

Yup, we've got an installer expert here, I've tagged him on this post.

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Maddie!
    screen enclosed 12 x 24 rectangle 10k IG gunite with AquaBright (Blue Lagoon w/Blue Med markers), Pentair CnC RP 150, Pentair Superflo VS (no SWG, no water features, no heater)
    K2006 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

AquaBright and PolyFibro are the same material. There is no difference between them except one is marketed for fiberglass pools and the other for plaster.

Why in the world they do it that way is beyond me.
    -Brian-

Pool/Spa, Pentair Equipment

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks Brian! The rep was pushing Cabo Verde polyFibro pretty hard. I guess it, and the other PF colors, is an option after all.
    K2006 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Green?
    -Brian-

7. Back To Top    #7

Indeed. He said the sample is ugly but they did a pool in that color and it looked great once filled. If I go with AB instead of Diamond Bright, I'll probably go with blue mist or blue lagoon.

As an aside, I've asked a few people if they would do a bicarb start up w DB or Marquis. Not one has had any idea what I was talking about. Disappointing.
    K2006 test kit

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

No one will know what you are talking about. It's far from industry standard.
    -Brian-

9. Back To Top    #9

With AB you don't need any startup. It's like vinyl so it's inert chemically speaking! That is the best advantage of AB!

7,500 gal Rectangular, Easytouch 8, Air+water temp sensors, Screenlogic2, IC40, intellibright5g color12v, Intelli pH, SD 70 filter w/Zeolit, Magicstream Laminars, waterfall. Raised Monolithic concrete lined with glass beads.

In Sunny Monterrey,Mx!