Skimmer Equalizing port

Mar 8, 2017
Orlando
So when our skimmer was installed, they installed a skimmer with an equalizing port. News to me, wasn't expecting that but ok.

uputgvEb.jpg

My question is, what kind of wall fitting do people install on this?

I bought Penatir 542423 2 inch slip fitting for the PVC pipe, but what should I put inside that? I can't seem to find any wall fitting for a clean look.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VU8BWE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I read this about the float assembly, so I'll buy one of those.
What is needed for a skimmer to utilize its equalizer port? Float or equalizer valve?

but how does one finish the wall fitting side of it?

I did install a separate dedicated Vacuum line, so this is more of a fail safe for when the pool drops 2 feet of water lol.

It's usually just an open hole in the wall with no special trim. If somehow the skimmer basket gets plugged or the water level drops too low, the diverter closes and water is drawn in through that opening. Otherwise, it's just there. Here's how it works. In your case, substitute "port" for main drain. You'll leave the flapper in the wide open position, or even just remove ot.

attachment.php

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.