Bronze Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
Tampa area, Florida
Pool Size
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
My pool does not have an overflow outlet (not sure what it's called). I live in normally rainy Florida and am concerned with water overflowing during the rainy season. What do others do to keep the pool from overflowing and possibly washing out the ground around the area it overflows?

My pool does not have an overflow outlet (not sure what it's called). I live in normally rainy Florida and am concerned with water overflowing during the rainy season. What do others do to keep the pool from overflowing and possibly washing out the ground around the area it overflows?
A bunch of people drill a hole in the skimmer box above the normal water level but well below the rail. Then install a bulkhead fitting and some hose and lead the overflow off to wherever. The fitting might also be called a tank fitting. They come in all sizes. This one looks to be about the cheapest on a quick google search. Might be too big, though. Everbilt 1 in./1.5 in. PVC Drain Pan Fitting-15005 - The Home Depot

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.