Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water overflow outlet question

1. Back To Top    #1

Water overflow outlet question

My pool does not have an overflow outlet (not sure what it's called). I live in normally rainy Florida and am concerned with water overflowing during the rainy season. What do others do to keep the pool from overflowing and possibly washing out the ground around the area it overflows?
    Embassy 18 x 52 Elite Sea AG, Doughboy Skimmer, Black Diamond Filter 1.5hp, Intex Saltwater System Model #ECO6110, Polaris 65 "Dory", TF100, 2001 Hotsprings Landmark Hot Tub
    Pool Thread: New pool build Backyard: Our backyard paradise is almost complete!!; Added TIC gs4 8 dvc speaker....love my sound system!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Water overflow outlet question

Quote Originally Posted by Acmfl View Post
    My pool does not have an overflow outlet (not sure what it's called). I live in normally rainy Florida and am concerned with water overflowing during the rainy season. What do others do to keep the pool from overflowing and possibly washing out the ground around the area it overflows?
    A bunch of people drill a hole in the skimmer box above the normal water level but well below the rail. Then install a bulkhead fitting and some hose and lead the overflow off to wherever. The fitting might also be called a tank fitting. They come in all sizes. This one looks to be about the cheapest on a quick google search. Might be too big, though. Everbilt 1 in./1.5 in. PVC Drain Pan Fitting-15005 - The Home Depot
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks, that's the info I was looking for!
    Embassy 18 x 52 Elite Sea AG, Doughboy Skimmer, Black Diamond Filter 1.5hp, Intex Saltwater System Model #ECO6110, Polaris 65 "Dory", TF100, 2001 Hotsprings Landmark Hot Tub
    Pool Thread: New pool build Backyard: Our backyard paradise is almost complete!!; Added TIC gs4 8 dvc speaker....love my sound system!

4. Back To Top    #4

here is what i did with mine.

Charles
    Coleman 16'x48"
    Intex 16" pump & Sand filter, Intex Robot Vacuum
    Hayward Wide Mouth Skimmer
    TF-100 Test Kit Magnetic Speed Stirer