Does adding instant conditioner also add free chlorine?

Conditioner/stabilizer increase CYA. Regular bleach is used to increase FC. You can learn more in the "Recommended Chemicals TFP page (link below in my signature)

If your pool is clear or there are no unusual smells (i.e. ammonia), then you can add stabilizer via the sock method (hanging by a return jet or placed in the skimmer) and add bleach at the same time.

Something sold as conditioner or stabilizer will not have chlorine in it. Trichlor and dichlor contain both chlorine and CYA (aka conditioner, stabilizer). If you need to raise CYA from 0 to 30 I would use separate conditioner and chlorine sources. Doesn't matter which order you use them, but if you use CYA granules put them in a sock and place the sock in your skimmer basket. Give it a good squeeze or two a few times a day until it is all dissolved. Keep the pump running until the CYA is dissolved.

Mine says instant and is 1 gallon bottles
We affectionately nickname that stuff ... "Liquid Gold", because it's more expensive than regular granular stabilizer. We're a bit thrifty here at TFP. :)

Let us know if you need anymore help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.