Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liquid Chlorine Sale at Menards

1. Back To Top    #1

Liquid Chlorine Sale at Menards

If you live in a part of the country that has Menards stores, check their ad for this week. Our local store has 12.5% liquid chlorine in one gallon jugs for 3.99, buy one, get one free

I bought ten gallons yesterday and will probably go back and get some more while the sale lasts, as that is truly a bargain around here.

We just got Menards here in the Kansas City area so I had not seen their pool supplies. The 3.99 for a gallon is still a better price than what I pay for Chlorox at Costco.
    17000 Gallon IG, vinyl liner, Hayward S-244T Filter, Pentair Challenger 1HP Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Liquid Chlorine Sale at Menards

WONDERFUL!! Thanks for sharing this.

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

I bought 16 gallons on Sunday!
    20'x40' Oval 27,000 gallon Vinyl IG, Coverstar Auto Cover
    Hayward MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Sta-Rite PLD50 30 sq. ft. DE filter
    Rheem 266,000 btu natural gas heater
    Dolphin Nautilus Plus with Clever Clean
    TF-100 testkit w/ Speed Stir

4. Back To Top    #4

I am in Topeka, only 60 miles west, and did not see that in their ad this week. I am going to have to go check it out tonight.
    My pool: Sharkline Venture 24' x 52" ; Pentair Dynamo 1 HP 2 Speed Pump ; Pentair SD80 Sand Filter; TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

5. Back To Top    #5

Bummer.....Our Mendards doesn't have this sale.
    AGP: 21' x 52" : 10,000 gallon
    100 lb. Sand Filter / 1 hp pump
    11-5 full sun

6. Back To Top    #6

The other Menard's thread says it's 2 gallons for $4, twice as insane!!

We have no Menards so I stick with my 2 gallons of 10% for $6.86 from Home Depot or Lowe's, making sure to get the fresh stuff. Not bad for every day price.
    16,000 gallon in-ground, plaster
    Jandy 460 Cartridge filter
    Pool Cleaner
    Taylor K-2006

7. Back To Top    #7

I must have not been clear, it is two gallons for 3.99 on this sale. I said that even at one gallon for 3.99, it is cheaper than Costco, where I usually buy.
    17000 Gallon IG, vinyl liner, Hayward S-244T Filter, Pentair Challenger 1HP Pump

8. Back To Top    #8

Interesting. I'll have to run by my Menards for lunch as last time I was there it was 3.99 per gallon. I usually use the 8.25% bleach at walmart for $2.98/121oz. Even at 12.5%, it didn't seem worth it to me to switch as I'd have to adjust my stenner run time to account for the percentage change. But if it is $2 per gallon, I'm in.

17,500 gallon IG Vinyl
    Pentair Tagelus TA60D Sand filter
    Pentair Challenger 1.5HP pump CFII N1 1.5A
    Taylor K-2006-A, Stenner 45MPHP10 auto chlorine feed

9. Back To Top    #9

I went to Menards in Brentwood MO and they definitely have this sale going on. I went ahead and bought 6 gallons even though I was skeptical, the bottles have no dates stamped on them. There is a blurb on the label that says a production batch code is printed on the bumper, but I don't know what a bumper is nor could I find anything anywhere on the bottle or label that said. Furthermore, the bottle said it was manufactured for some car wash company in New Jersey. Odd since I was buying it at Menards in Missouri. It makes me think this was old stock of 12% bleach bought from some car wash place and packaged up to sell on the cheap. I just hope it is at least 8.25% strength as it is still cheaper than my other options at $2 per gallon. Sale ends 5/7, so I may go get more. Though I don't need it yet, and hate to stock up.

17,500 gallon IG Vinyl
    Pentair Tagelus TA60D Sand filter
    Pentair Challenger 1.5HP pump CFII N1 1.5A
    Taylor K-2006-A, Stenner 45MPHP10 auto chlorine feed

10. Back To Top    #10

They don't seem to have the codes on the bottles, code is on the box from what I could find.
    11-5 full sun

11. Back To Top    #11

I got a few cases last summer on sale along with the 11% off it came to $1.77 per gallon!

They had a display in the middle of the aisle, some open and some in cases of 4, the date codes were all pretty fresh. In my pool I get a whole extra day per gallon and save $.70/gallon over bleach by using 12.5%.

You can go to menards.com and choose your local store and bring up the weekly ad. They have 2 different spring catalogs listed and it's right on the front page of the top one, $3.99 buy one get one free.

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 3.49.38 PM.jpg
    AGP 24' x 54" approx 14000 gal Full sun all day, Hayward 1.5 HP and EC50 D.E. filter
    Stenner 45MPHP10 10 gal/day fixed rate with intermatic ET1125C timer
    Dolphin E10 robotic cleaner, 330 gallon Tiger River Spa, Taylor K-2006C test kit

12. Back To Top    #12

They just doubled their inventory on it. They received a new shipment about 2 weeks ago and just go in another 500 or so gallons today. Going after work to get me a couple of cases, can't beat $2 a gallon in this town.
    11-5 full sun