Liquid Chlorine Sale at Menards

petiepye

Silver Supporter
Jul 19, 2013
Kansas City
If you live in a part of the country that has Menards stores, check their ad for this week. Our local store has 12.5% liquid chlorine in one gallon jugs for 3.99, buy one, get one free

I bought ten gallons yesterday and will probably go back and get some more while the sale lasts, as that is truly a bargain around here.

We just got Menards here in the Kansas City area so I had not seen their pool supplies. The 3.99 for a gallon is still a better price than what I pay for Chlorox at Costco.

Interesting. I'll have to run by my Menards for lunch as last time I was there it was 3.99 per gallon. I usually use the 8.25% bleach at walmart for $2.98/121oz. Even at 12.5%, it didn't seem worth it to me to switch as I'd have to adjust my stenner run time to account for the percentage change. But if it is $2 per gallon, I'm in.

I went to Menards in Brentwood MO and they definitely have this sale going on. I went ahead and bought 6 gallons even though I was skeptical, the bottles have no dates stamped on them. There is a blurb on the label that says a production batch code is printed on the bumper, but I don't know what a bumper is nor could I find anything anywhere on the bottle or label that said. Furthermore, the bottle said it was manufactured for some car wash company in New Jersey. Odd since I was buying it at Menards in Missouri. It makes me think this was old stock of 12% bleach bought from some car wash place and packaged up to sell on the cheap. I just hope it is at least 8.25% strength as it is still cheaper than my other options at $2 per gallon. Sale ends 5/7, so I may go get more. Though I don't need it yet, and hate to stock up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I got a few cases last summer on sale along with the 11% off it came to $1.77 per gallon!

They had a display in the middle of the aisle, some open and some in cases of 4, the date codes were all pretty fresh. In my pool I get a whole extra day per gallon and save $.70/gallon over bleach by using 12.5%.

You can go to menards.com and choose your local store and bring up the weekly ad. They have 2 different spring catalogs listed and it's right on the front page of the top one, $3.99 buy one get one free.

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 3.49.38 PM.jpg

They just doubled their inventory on it. They received a new shipment about 2 weeks ago and just go in another 500 or so gallons today. Going after work to get me a couple of cases, can't beat $2 a gallon in this town.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.