Pool Leak

Brianhempel

Silver Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Rotonda Florida
I live in SW Florida and am losing approximately 1-1.5 inches of water daily. To the best of my ability, I have ruled out leaks from the skimmer, the returns, and the spa. No visible cracks anywhere. I have used food coloring and see no
tendrils in any of theses areas. I have yet to remove the light cover and will do that tomorrow. But using the food coloring around the light doesnt suggest any leaks. So the question is about the next step to investigate if i have someone come out. Should i have the main drain/seal examined? Should I have someone try to detect an underground/plumbing leak? Thanks

If you are not having any luck, i would let the pool drain through the leak and not refill, this way if the leak is in the plaster/wall, the water level will tell you where to look.

good luck
Felipe

The tempting place to blame is the hardest to fix.....underground pipes. Keep looking elsewhere first.....it SELDOM is the piping.

Yeah, if it continues to leak below the skimmer, let it go until it stops. That'll usually identify it.

It stopped below the skimmer, returns and light. I used the dye around all returns, removed the light and put dye in light niche and in the skimmer and all around it. Nothing is being drawn in, in any of these openings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.