Outdoor pool house mount speakers - recommendations.

I've got a pair of the Klipsch KHO outdoor speakers under my pool house soffit hooked up to a Sonos connect amp and they sound quite good also have a pair of Play 3s that I bring out and together it's a real good combo. Using Spotify also which is a great app with the Sonos.

Salty

I saw these at sams today.
ea2d3e6e86f7a3264a1060f20f17182b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had those at my previous home under my patio... they were loud, I had them about 3yrs outside and still working great when I moved out.
Looking for recommendations on some reasonably priced outdoor speakers. Like the 7 x 10 size that can be mounted on the eves of a pool house.

Was looking at these Yamaha ones.
Amazon.com: Yamaha NS-AW350B All-Weather Indoor/Outdoor 2-Way Speakers - Black (Pair): Home Audio Theater

I have some now but they are poor quality.

Thanks

I also have a pair of those Yamaha speakers under my eaves and they've held up fine in 4 years. I just replaced the other pair of speakers I use on my deck with Kicker speakers about the same size as the Yamaha (6.5" woofers). I payed $80 for those Yamaha years ago. I payed $86 for my new Kicker speakers on Amazon but many sellers on Amazon want $100. The Kicker speakers sound slightly better than the Yamaha.

https://www.amazon.com/Kicker-KB6000W-WHITE-Marine-Speakers/dp/B004ZG8N18/ref=sr_1_61?srs=2529727011&ie=UTF8&qid=1494099349&sr=8-61

JBL Control 25av. If you really want a great sounding speaker that will outlast ANYTHING it's tough to beat the Control series. These speakers are used commercially the world over from Disney World to Vegas to my pool :) They also have built in 70 and 100 volt line transformers for multi speaker setups. I've got 6 years on more than 11 of these speakers in a very harsh unprotected environment where they see 100 degrees and -10 degrees throughout the year. Not a single issue with any of them.

They are not the cheapest option but are well worth the investment.

Control 25AV Products | JBL Professional

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have had really good luck with the speakers from Outdoor Speaker Depot and usually a little cheaper than the major brand names. We have 4 zones with patio and rock speakers so the sounds blends well around the pool without having to be overly loud.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.