Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Outdoor pool house mount speakers - recommendations.

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Outdoor pool house mount speakers - recommendations.

Looking for recommendations on some reasonably priced outdoor speakers. Like the 7 x 10 size that can be mounted on the eves of a pool house.

Was looking at these Yamaha ones.
    Amazon.com: Yamaha NS-AW350B All-Weather Indoor/Outdoor 2-Way Speakers - Black (Pair): Home Audio Theater

I have some now but they are poor quality.

Thanks
    25k 20x40 Gunite w/ integrated Spa & Caribbean Blue Plaster, Curved Bluestone Coping, Deck Jets
    Pentair Easy Touch/Wireless, Sta-Rite Intellipro SRVS Pump, Intellibrite Lights, & Pentair IC40 Cell, Sta-Rite 450sf Cartridge filter
    Heated from Central Boiler - Outdoor Wood Furnace & Triangle Tube Max Heat Exchanger
    ColorQ Pro
    TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Outdoor pool house mount speakers - recommendations.

Check out Definitive Technology 6500

14.3k, 3 1/2-5 1/2, IG, Pebble Wet Edge Northshore Tahoe, Jandy 4 cartridge, Jandy 2hp variable, Pentair 320 inline chlorinator fed by a Stenner, Polaris 280, K-2006 test kit, Built 9/13
    Fill water: TA=90, PH=70, CH=90

3. Back To Top    #3

I've got a pair of the Klipsch KHO outdoor speakers under my pool house soffit hooked up to a Sonos connect amp and they sound quite good also have a pair of Play 3s that I bring out and together it's a real good combo. Using Spotify also which is a great app with the Sonos.

Salty
    20X40 30,000 gal. Vinyl, AquaPlus Automation w/ T-15 SWG & AquaConnect, EcoStar SP3400VSP pump, ProSeries S310T2 Filter, H Series 400FDN Heater, Sense/Dispense with Stenner Pump, ColorLogic X 3, TigerShark RC990, ​Borates, TF-100 test kit, K-1766 & Speed Stir Finally done! Well Almost

4. Back To Top    #4

Skippy and I like our Bose outdoor set. Nice size and white so they blend in to the eaves well.

Maddie
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

5. Back To Top    #5

I saw these at sams today.

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

6. Back To Top    #6

I have the ones from Amazon that you have in your link. Mounted under my eaves, and they work great!
    Mark
    20'x28' IG, Vinyl, (Sept 2015) 14,900 Gallon, 3'4 to 5'6 deep, Jandy Proflo 1.5 HP, 220v, 2 speed pump, Waterway Carefree 27" 400 LB Sand filter, Digital Nano plus SWG, TF-100 test kit /speed stir. Dolphin Primal x3 robotic cleaner

7. Back To Top    #7

I had the Amazon ones at my old house and they sounded great. At my new crib there was no way to mount speakers so I used rock speakers in the flower beds.
    Approx 11K Gal. 10'X30' Semi free-form IG - 6 ' raised spa w/6 jets - 10' circle sun shelf with 1 bubbler - Waterfall - 3 / 1.5 HP pumps - Polaris 280 Cleaner - 3 Pentair Color LED Intellibrite Lights - Pentair 400K Master Temp - 2 Valve Actuators - 5 Fiberstar Mini Laminars - 1 Fiberstars 2004 Illuminator - 2 Skimmers - 6 Returns - Caribbean Blue Pebble Tech - 600+ sq ft kool decK - Auto Fill - 2 Boston Acoustics VOYA RK5 Outdoor Rock Speakers - 2 TIC Corporation TFS5CN 6.5-Inch 150-Watt Terra-Forms Rock Speakers - Apple Airport Express - 1 Awesome View.

8. Back To Top    #8

I had those at my previous home under my patio... they were loud, I had them about 3yrs outside and still working great when I moved out.
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeusa View Post
    Looking for recommendations on some reasonably priced outdoor speakers. Like the 7 x 10 size that can be mounted on the eves of a pool house.

Was looking at these Yamaha ones.
    Amazon.com: Yamaha NS-AW350B All-Weather Indoor/Outdoor 2-Way Speakers - Black (Pair): Home Audio Theater

I have some now but they are poor quality.

Thanks
    2016 pool build.... 18k gal. freeform style, built in round table, 18" jumping platform, travertine coping upgrade, travertine waterline, peagravel decking, saltwater pool (no spa), Quartzscape blue., 1.5hp Pentair pump, JANDY SWG, 48sqft Pentair DE filter, TFP-100 kit w/speedstir MYPoolBuild

9. Back To Top    #9

I also have a pair of those Yamaha speakers under my eaves and they've held up fine in 4 years. I just replaced the other pair of speakers I use on my deck with Kicker speakers about the same size as the Yamaha (6.5" woofers). I payed $80 for those Yamaha years ago. I payed $86 for my new Kicker speakers on Amazon but many sellers on Amazon want $100. The Kicker speakers sound slightly better than the Yamaha.

https://www.amazon.com/Kicker-KB6000...099349&sr=8-61

10. Back To Top    #10

JBL Control 25av. If you really want a great sounding speaker that will outlast ANYTHING it's tough to beat the Control series. These speakers are used commercially the world over from Disney World to Vegas to my pool They also have built in 70 and 100 volt line transformers for multi speaker setups. I've got 6 years on more than 11 of these speakers in a very harsh unprotected environment where they see 100 degrees and -10 degrees throughout the year. Not a single issue with any of them.

They are not the cheapest option but are well worth the investment.

Control 25AV Products | JBL Professional
    - Tom

Check out my DIY YouTube Channel @ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbq..._as=subscriber

11. Back To Top    #11

I have insignias on my patio under the eve of the house for three years now and sound great I never take them in in the winter I paid 100$ for the pair from Best Buy!
    27' AGP, gorilla pad, 52" deep, circu pool sj40 SWG, Hayward s220t sand filter and 1.5hp Hayward pump, diy solar panels 600' 1/2" tubing

12. Back To Top    #12

Bought these last year. Work very good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

13. Back To Top    #13

I have had really good luck with the speakers from Outdoor Speaker Depot and usually a little cheaper than the major brand names. We have 4 zones with patio and rock speakers so the sounds blends well around the pool without having to be overly loud.
    18x36 Vinyl, sports depth, 8' Roman steps at each end. Hayward 1.5hp 2speed pump, catridge filter, 2 skimmers, no main drain, 3 SR Smith Treo LED lights

14. Back To Top    #14

I mounted these Polk Audio Atrium 4 Outdoor Speakers https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-At...tdoor+speakers
    on my covered patio about a month ago and have been very happy with them.
    17,500 gallon 18x36 gunite pool
    Hayward super II 1.5 hp pump, Hayward cartridge filter
    Jandy AquaPure Ei SWG 35K, Raypak R6350TI-E HeatPump
    Solar cover, Loop Lok winter Cover
    Artisian Antigua hot tub, Polk Atrium 4's