Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Diamondbrite first week what can and can't do?

1. Back To Top    #1

Diamondbrite first week what can and can't do?

I'm on day 3 I have been adding maradic acid and ph has been mid to high 7s, today I added half of the recommended calcium hardness plus , the pool builder put chlorine tabs in the skimmers on day 1, also I have brushed twice daily and see some cloudiness when I do.
    i have been told that I should not swim for 2 weeks , should not run heater for 4 weeks and should not add and start salt for 4 weeks , does that jive with the what everyone on here believes?

thanks
    also I ordered by trouble free pool kit today👍

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Diamondbrite first week what can and can't do?

Sounds about normal to me. Except we don't like putting pucks in skimmers. Do you know that liquid bleach is a great option for chlorine because it doesn't add any other unwanted ingredients to the pool like pucks can.

Read this- ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    Pool School - Start-up New Plaster
    Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Good move on the test kit!

Madeline
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

3. Back To Top    #3

Is it to early to add bleach?

4. Back To Top    #4

Never too early to add bleach if your FC test says you need some!

Maddie

Addendum to clarify-if the PB is putting pucks in the water, bleach is just the same chlorine but without the "other stuff".

Don't forget to register your warranty also!!
    Maddie :) 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Skippy's Pool Cooler --> Skippy's New Fountain Our Build --> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard

5. Back To Top    #5

Can anyone point me to a calculator to figure out how much bleach to add? Pool is around 40000 gallons

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

There's a great one right on this site:
    https://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Make sure you're putting the correct volume for your pool and percentage strength of bleach.

Scrolling to the bottom and making sure the dropdowns are set to your type of pool and desired levels (choose TroubleFreePool.com) will help as well.
    8,500gal plaster in-ground with attached spa, two floor drains, one skimmer. Chlorine, City Water.
    Pentair WhisperFlo 1hp Pump, MagnaTek Midcentury EPlus motor, Pentair CleanNClear 200SF Cartridge filter, Purex Triton MiniMax 250 Gas Heater, Pentair SunLite, AutoFill.
    Kreepy Krauly Cruiser, TF-100 with SpeedStir. :D

7. Back To Top    #7

Have you discovered PoolMath yet?? Great application up at the top of this page.

Add your gallons at the top first...
    Then go to the bottom and input in "Troublefreepool.com", "bleach" and "plaster" as answers to the three questions there...
    Then go back up to the top and input your current test results in the far left hand column ("Now" column) and your goal results in the "Target" column and voila! The app tells you how much to add....

How are you testing again??? I mean, until your kit gets there??

Maddie

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    Have you discovered PoolMath yet?? Great application up at the top of this page.

Add your gallons at the top first...
    Then go to the bottom and input in "Troublefreepool.com", "bleach" and "plaster" as answers to the three questions there...
    Then go back up to the top and input your current test results in the far left hand column ("Now" column) and your goal results in the "Target" column and voila! The app tells you how much to add....

How are you testing again??? I mean, until your kit gets there??

Maddie
    Test strips and today took water to local pool supply store. My test strip reading were fairly close to the local store.

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

Try to prioritize a proper test kit as soon as possible. Pool Store testing is notoriously unreliable, and test strips are even worse.

We recommend the TF-100 - it has the most reagents you'll need for the best value, or a K-2006C (C has extra reagents you'll need) also has a full suite of tests.

Without the ability to test on demand, you'll have trouble discerning exactly what your pool needs (and we'll have problems helping you since accurate testing is key to diagnosing problems).

You can get the TF-100 here: TFTestkits.net
    8,500gal plaster in-ground with attached spa, two floor drains, one skimmer. Chlorine, City Water.
    Pentair WhisperFlo 1hp Pump, MagnaTek Midcentury EPlus motor, Pentair CleanNClear 200SF Cartridge filter, Purex Triton MiniMax 250 Gas Heater, Pentair SunLite, AutoFill.
    Kreepy Krauly Cruiser, TF-100 with SpeedStir. :D

10. Back To Top    #10

Here is what SGM wants you to do, http://www.sgm.cc/html_Pool/HomeOwne...chemistry.html

Be sure to register your warranty,
    http://sgm.smod.us/smodMain.php?sys=pub&pub=wif2
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

11. Back To Top    #11

Thank you I did order the TF-100, it's just not here yet .

12. Back To Top    #12

I shelved my wire brush and bought a nylon bristle brush instead. The thought of scraping that brand-new surface with a stiff metal brush freaked me out. My nylon brush has a "scoop" built into the top so it stirs water well and holds against the surface nicely. I have no plans to go back to the wire one.

Heating was a prerequisite for swimming in my pool, so I had to stay out of it for 30 loooong days!

- - - Updated - - -

btw, SGM has good customer service. I called them a few times with random questions and they were friendly and helpful.
    12,000 gal Diamond Brite indoor​ pool. Pentair Triton TR-60 Sand Filter +added DE, Lochinvar Energyrite ERN-200 gas heater, Pentair Multi-valve, Pentair SuperFlo VS pump, TF-100 kit, Pool Math App - iOS

13. Back To Top    #13

Good advice ^^^^^

No heater for 30 days. No steel brush for a year. And really no need for one at all unless you've got scale or some other issue to resolve. I still use a poly brush on my pebblesheen 5+ years later.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

14. Back To Top    #14

Just to be clear I'm not using a metal brush, thanks