Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex 32x16x52 Through Wall Skimmer Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex 32x16x52 Through Wall Skimmer Question

I have finally decided to upgrade the Intex sand filter and pump that came with our pool to a Heyward model. I will also be adding a through wall skimmer and PVC plumbing. I have researched and seen this successfully completed many times but there is one specific issue I have not been able to find an answer for. When installing the through wall skimmer, what should I do with the existing two skimmer holes in the wall? The current "skimmers" just poke through the grommet in the wall and a hose is clamped to them. Is there a way to plug these or is there an adaptor to create additional skimming? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex 32x16x52 Through Wall Skimmer Question

I know I've read a bunch about this. You can start here: My 18x52 Intex Ultra Build - Mods: skimmer, inlets,outlets, return-PVC Diagrams/Video

I know there are a bunch of threads in Above Ground Pools You'll need to hunt. Start with the sticky thread on top with links for Intex owners.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!