Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tahoe Blue Pebbletec Pictures

1. Back To Top    #1

Tahoe Blue Pebbletec Pictures

Can others please share their pictures of pebbletec Tahoe Blue? We are leaning towards this color but would like some real pictures that haven't been altered. If you were considering Tahoe Blue and went with something else, please feel free to share! Thank you!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Tahoe Blue Pebbletec Pictures

Hey Soupy,

Welcome to TFP!

That's a common color, and I am sure you'll get some feedback and pics from some members here. Good luck on your build, and enjoy the forum.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

Here are several photos of our pool, which is Tahoe blue pebbletec with luminous glass beads added (in jade mix). The beads do not really alter the water color, but they enhance the pebble finish and sparkle a bit.

The color changes a lot depending on the lighting. It is evenly blue/green, but in bright sun, it is bright aqua, which is most the time. In the evenings it appears quite dark and sometimes it looks almost royal blue. When swimming, it looks very similar to tropical Caribbean water like you might see when snorkeling. The color is intense.

We chose it because we like dark finishes, but also like color, so this seemed like a good compromise. Also, we have colored LED lights and Tahoe blue is about as dark as one can go and still have the colored lights show up well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IG Gunite 20x40 pool with Pebbletec finish (Tahoe blue with luminous glass in mixed jade); Pentair DE Filter and Pump; Intellibrite LED lights; RayPac 8350 Heat and Cool Heat Pump; NPT Arctic Ice glass tile; Coverstar autocover; Cambridge Renaissance Pavers in Onyx Lite; bluestone coping.

4. Back To Top    #4

@yankeelawyer Thank you so much for the beautiful images. Your pool is gorgeous and so is your backyard!

It appears that we are moving forward with the Tahoe Blue but omit the luminous glass. I'm sure we would love it if we got it, but we are putting the money saved into getting a better screen to keep No-See-Ums out.

Now, if we could only pick out our pavers we would be set and our minds would be at ease.

5. Back To Top    #5

We were between Tahoe Blue and Caribbean Blue. We were not adding anything to either color. We saw 2 pools of each color in person and we decided with Caribbean Blue. Tahoe Blue had a tint of green that we just did not want.
    Concrete freeform 20x38. 3-7ft depth. 18in raised 7ft round spa with spillway, 25LF of 21 raised stone wall with (1) sheer decent. Jumping rock. Beige travertine bullnose coping and travertine patio. Carribean blue Pebble tec. 6ft tanning ledge with umbrella and 2 bubblers.

6. Back To Top    #6

I don't see Tahoe blue listed as one of their colors.
    34K gal, 20'x40' IGP (backfilled and reinforced concrete block walls with concrete floor built mid-1970's; renovated 2017), PebbleSheen Arctic White plaster finish, Lotus Prisma Marine 1x2 glass waterline tiles, Indiana limestone coping, 1.5hp Hayward pump, Pentair Triton II TR100 sand filter, Pentair Intellibrite 5g color LED 120v Pool Light, Dolphin Supreme M400 robot, Stenner 45M1 pump, Pentair 320 chlorinator (to raise CYA only)

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by pushin glass View Post
    I don't see Tahoe blue listed as one of their colors.
    Nevermind, I found it.

By the way, nice pool and surroundings yankeelawyer.
    34K gal, 20'x40' IGP (backfilled and reinforced concrete block walls with concrete floor built mid-1970's; renovated 2017), PebbleSheen Arctic White plaster finish, Lotus Prisma Marine 1x2 glass waterline tiles, Indiana limestone coping, 1.5hp Hayward pump, Pentair Triton II TR100 sand filter, Pentair Intellibrite 5g color LED 120v Pool Light, Dolphin Supreme M400 robot, Stenner 45M1 pump, Pentair 320 chlorinator (to raise CYA only)

8. Back To Top    #8

Hello Soupy,

Did you finish your pool? I would love to see how Tahoe Blue turned out.

9. Back To Top    #9

I would love to see it as well because we would be close to the finish line! Truth is, we are weeks away. Yesterday was our project kickoff.

10. Back To Top    #10

Our Pebbletec pool is now 20 years old, and still looks brand new! I've brushed it down approximately 8 times in the last 20 years, but hasn't received any other maintenance! Considering acid washing now, but I can't imagine it looking any better than it does right now! We have the amazing PCC2000 in-floor cleaning system, which has surely helped to preserve the Pebbletec all these years!
    Last edited by jerrypar72; 05-12-2017 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Add photo

11. Back To Top    #11

Debating between Tahoe Blue and Tropical Breeze... Prefer the Tropical Breeze, but they want to charge $2800 more for that color?

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by propjetprop View Post
    Debating between Tahoe Blue and Tropical Breeze... Prefer the Tropical Breeze, but they want to charge $2800 more for that color?
    Tropical Breeze includes Shimmering Sea (abalone and mother of pearl shells). I’d imagine that accounts for some of the price difference.