Just opening pool and first time to post with question.

Does interrupting the process cause me to start over? Reloaded on bleach 3 rounds in and getting rained out. (no rain in forecast)

- - - Updated - - -

Does interrupting the process cause me to start over? Reloaded on bleach 3 rounds in and getting rained out. (no rain in forecast)

Some improvement in FC. Now 2.5

Does interrupting the process cause me to start over?
For the 10-minute drill, yes, I'm afraid so. Unless you can test, retest, and add bleach every 10-minutes in succession, you won't be able to neutralize whatever is in that water. It's good to see that "some" FC is trying to hold-on. That's reassuring. So perhaps once you get your new refills, the water won't be quite so stubborn, allowing you to breakthrough that barrier that will allow FC to hold closer to 10 so you can effectively start the SLAM.

Finally FC jumped from 2 to 8 ppm!!
That's HUGE! If you test again and it's still there, you are now ready to begin the real SLAM. Although I suspect you're still waiting on reagents right? So technically you can't get accurate yet with the numbers. But continue to keep that FC between 5-10 as best as you can. Once the refills arrive, you'll be able to adjust FC to 12 and CYA to 30.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
FINALLY!! CC down to .75 and holding. FC was 3 this morning (same as yesterday)
pH is 7.2 (had to raise it from the 6's). CYA 35, TA 250. Still slamming and trying to knock out the CC. Appreciated the pic of the Clorox truck. I am about 45 gallons into this thing. Pulled my light and found part of the problem.

Two questions.
What does it take to get to 0 CC and with adding as much bleach as I have why has my pH not risen? I have read that bleach raise pH.

FINALLY!! CC down to .75 and holding. FC was 3 this morning (same as yesterday)
pH is 7.2 (had to raise it from the 6's). CYA 35, TA 250. Still slamming and trying to knock out the CC. Appreciated the pic of the Clorox truck. I am about 45 gallons into this thing. Pulled my light and found part of the problem.

Two questions.
What does it take to get to 0 CC and with adding as much bleach as I have why has my pH not risen? I have read that bleach raise pH.
Bleach starts out alkaline but when it breaks down it ends up pretty much neutral. Try the search box for bleach pH neutral and read all about it.

This morning's numbers:
FC 1
CC 1
CYA 40
pH 7.4
CH 250
TA 260
Have been slamming for a week using 3-4 gallons 10% bleach per day. FC always over 12-15 in evening. Each morning FC is down to 1-2. Pool is crystal clear. Had swimmers last Sunday. Walmart guy and I are on first name basis.
Liquidator is running. Went through first 4 gal. in 3 days. Have throttled it back.

Have pulled and cleaned lights. But have built in molded ladder and steps. Could they be the problem? I can' t imagine where all the chlorine is going. BTW, opaque pool cover is on all day except when there were swimmers. Sunlight should not be an issue. HELP!

But have built in molded ladder and steps.
Depends on how accessible they are and if water can get trapped inside. If you are able to look inside each item, I would. Losing 12-13 FC overnight is still a lot of FC consumption. Without any other items in the water that may hold algae, it could simply be a matter of consistency with maintaining the proper FC SLAM level. Try to maintain the FC level of 16 as best as possible, testing as much as needed to confirm.

Does it do any good to raise the FC higher than what the chart says?
Not really. It's one thing to overshoot your FC target by 2-3 ppm, but going too high doesn't help the SLAM go any faster and is actually a waste of bleach since there won't be enough CYA to support it (UV protection).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.