Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Dolphin Advantage Plus Or S200/Doheny Discovery

1. Back To Top    #1

Dolphin Advantage Plus Or S200/Doheny Discovery

So thanks to all the threads here I have narrowed my choices down to these 2. (I hope it's ok to post links to vendor sites here??)

The "New and Improved Dolphin Advantage Plus":
    Doheny's Product Page - Advantage

and the Discovery:
    Doheny's Product Page - Discovery/S200

Is one a clear Superior cleaner?

They are very close in price(Advantage:$869 vs Discovery:$799 (But I think you can get cheaper($730) with coupon))

The Advantage comes with a caddy and a remote. Also the Advantage is bottom access bags

The Discovery has the nice top access cartridge and 2 filter options, but no caddy and no remote (I will be purchasing the caddy as an option)

The Advantage has a higher GPM, but does that make difference?

Does one "Map" and clean your pool better, or do they both use the same patterning logic?

Thanks for any opinions
    -Craig
    Pool: 20 X 40 Rec - 28,500 gallons;
    Type: IG with Vinyl Liner
    Filter: Hayward 46SqFt DE Filter
    Pump Size: Hayward Super-Pump 1 hp

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Dolphin Advantage Plus Or S200/Doheny Discovery

Quote Originally Posted by CyclingCraig View Post
    So thanks to all the threads here I have narrowed my choices down to these 2. (I hope it's ok to post links to vendor sites here??)

The "New and Improved Dolphin Advantage Plus":
    Doheny's Product Page - Advantage

and the Discovery:
    Doheny's Product Page - Discovery/S200

Is one a clear Superior cleaner?

They are very close in price(Advantage:$869 vs Discovery:$799 (But I think you can get cheaper($730) with coupon))

The Advantage comes with a caddy and a remote. Also the Advantage is bottom access bags

The Discovery has the nice top access cartridge and 2 filter options, but no caddy and no remote (I will be purchasing the caddy as an option)

The Advantage has a higher GPM, but does that make difference?

Does one "Map" and clean your pool better, or do they both use the same patterning logic?

Thanks for any opinions
    -Craig
    The difference between the bottom-loading bag filter and top basket is night-and-day (in favor of the basket). This is a case where the Advantage has a major disadvantage.

There is no excuse for Dolphin to have introduced such a massive innovataion and then continue to sell bag-filter models. Bottom-line, the idea of robots is to make life easier. You cannot get any easier than a top-load basket.

The remote is a gimmick. There's next to no need for it.
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner