Thread: TA of 320

1. Back To Top    #1

TA of 320

Hello all. Here are my measurements..

0 FC
    7.2ph
    320TA
    0 CYA

How would you suggest I lower the TA ? Can I start the shock or should I wait until TA / CYA stabilize?
    Pete
    Vinyl IG, 32,000 gallons, CircuPool 60,000g SWG, Hayward heater, Pentair TA-60/60D Sand Filter , Hayward Super Pump, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TA of 320

Question: is that test kit new? If so, you may be experiencing static electricity on the R-009 TA test reagent. See the notes in
    Pool School - Total Alkalinity Not that it really matters. TA is the last thing you deal with unless it's dangerously low and yours isn't. Your pH is good although the CYA is too low for a SLAM. Don't wait for the CYA to dissolve, get in there and start killing algae. Target 30 CYA and set in in a sock in the skimmer and assume it's all there even if you can see that it hasn't fully dissolved. 12 FC is shock level for 30 CYA. If the pool is green, it won't stay up there long anyway.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!