Hayward aqr15 questions

Jul 28, 2014
Manhawkin/ NJ
I just hooked up my aqr15 my pool is about 17000 gallons. I have a pentair vs pump. Is seeing up the run times for the swg all just trial and error or is there some type of equation to figure out how long and what speed to run pump and what percentage to set swg to.

In my area, we keep the SWG @ 100% and adjust the run time to control the FC output. I log the run time and FC on a calendar so I know next year where to set the timer for each month (December = 3 hours and August =18 hours on mine).

Yes on the Flow Light.

P.S. The speed on the motor is irrelevant in regards to the SWG producing FC. It just need enough to keep the flow light green.

I run my SWCG at 20% with a VS pump running for 7hrs at 60%, I personally would rather slowly introduce chlorine into my pool, I know there are many people here that run for 24 hrs at 1200 rpm so they are always introducing chlorine .

- - - Updated - - -

BTW this keeps my chlorine locked at 5.5 ppm, I'm shooting for 5-6

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.