Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward aqr15 questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward aqr15 questions

I just hooked up my aqr15 my pool is about 17000 gallons. I have a pentair vs pump. Is seeing up the run times for the swg all just trial and error or is there some type of equation to figure out how long and what speed to run pump and what percentage to set swg to.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward aqr15 questions

Mostly trial and error. Try 100% for 5 hours. Pump speed won't matter.
    35,000 Gal. - 40x20x8 - Plaster - SWG Pentair IC 60 - Barracuda G3 Vacuum - Hayward c1750 Cartridge Filter - Blue Torrent VS 1.5hp pump - Pool is 45 years old.

"I'd build a deck over my pool if I didn't have a SWG"

3. Back To Top    #3

OK thanks set it to go on for 5 hours tomorrow, then I just check the Fc to make sure it's where I want it and adust each day until I get it? Also is it normal for the no flow light to blink on start up for about 30 seconds?

4. Back To Top    #4

In my area, we keep the SWG @ 100% and adjust the run time to control the FC output. I log the run time and FC on a calendar so I know next year where to set the timer for each month (December = 3 hours and August =18 hours on mine).

Yes on the Flow Light.

P.S. The speed on the motor is irrelevant in regards to the SWG producing FC. It just need enough to keep the flow light green.
    35,000 Gal. - 40x20x8 - Plaster - SWG Pentair IC 60 - Barracuda G3 Vacuum - Hayward c1750 Cartridge Filter - Blue Torrent VS 1.5hp pump - Pool is 45 years old.

"I'd build a deck over my pool if I didn't have a SWG"

5. Back To Top    #5

OK thanks, I'm in nj so only have to pool open 4 or 5 months. Is there any advantage or disadvantages to running higher percent less pump time or lower precent longer pump time?

6. Back To Top    #6

I run my SWCG at 20% with a VS pump running for 7hrs at 60%, I personally would rather slowly introduce chlorine into my pool, I know there are many people here that run for 24 hrs at 1200 rpm so they are always introducing chlorine .

- - - Updated - - -

BTW this keeps my chlorine locked at 5.5 ppm, I'm shooting for 5-6
    31x22 FF IG, 16k gallon , 3.5-5.5-4.5, Hayward 425 cartridge, Tristar variable speed, Aqua Rite AQ15 SWG, HPC 4 wireless controller, LED, Texas Grey pebble finish, Taylor K 2006 and 1766,speedstir ,New build in central Texas....

7. Back To Top    #7

Last question I hope does any one else instant salt read 0 after it has been running for a little while?

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by kevgle4587 View Post
    Last question I hope does any one else instant salt read 0 after it has been running for a little while?
    Asked this a while back too. If the SWG isn't generating, it will not show a salt reading. So at 50% you'll see the reading for 30 minutes of each hour and no reading the other 30 minutes.

Chris

17k IG plaster, Pentair FNS DE, Aquarite 40k SWG, & Polaris 380 (AKA "Jacques") using city water

9. Back To Top    #9

Great, thanks alot. I bought the system from amazon warehouse like new never used but still nervous. Looks like it's working perfect so far