Piece of tile fell off around the pool.

smooth2222

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 25, 2010
michigan
Tile that goes around the pool fell off, inground pool. Current white glue.

What time of glue do i use? Also does it need to be dry or can you do it wet? Would only have to drain a couple inches since the tile is on top.

Anyone have a link? Assuming some type of white silicone special too pools.

Hopefully the white matches the current white

Curious to see what suggestions are mentioned. I too have to repair a tile that fell off. Probably the best bet is to get a thinset mortar mix that is intended for wet and/or submerged conditions. In fact, I picked up a small tub at Home Depot for $7.00. It should do the trick. At homedepot.com, look up model# TRMW1. Otherwise, I think a good and secure caulk may do the trick as well...something like Dynaflex 230 or a siliconized latex caulk.

Reactions: Foosman
I just recently used Pool Patch which I bought on Amazon Smile (with Troublefree Pool as the beneficiary). Like how I did that? There are separate grout and patch products. Mixed up and worked well.
I've seen Laticrete above mentioned frequently. I like the small portions of the Pool Patch, though that may not be unique.
And for Pooldv's sake, yes they are still attached![emoji33]

Smooth2222, I just reattached my tile last night using the mortar as mentioned in my previous post. The tiny job went well but it was getting dark. I mixed a small amount of the mortar and loaded it into a used caulk tube. Oh, and the mortar is white, so even though it's not grout per se, it should match if some peeks out around the existing grout lines. Today after work I plan on finishing up the job. I then can give my final recommendation.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.